After a smooth check in, we were given a room on the 4th floor, with beautiful views over the bay and two of the pools. The 4th floor is the Executive Floor so we had extras such as use of the lounge, free internet access and complimentary drinks between 6-7pm, with really tasty nibbles and canapes served.
Our room was large with two double beds, plenty of wardrobe space, bathrobes, slippers, very nice toiletries, a good shower over the bath. We also had two chairs, a large dressing table, full length mirror, mini bar and tea & coffee making facilities. Our balcony was a good size with a table & two chairs. My only gripe was that the pillows were a bit soft for us both, however, there were firmer ones in the wardrobe.
The hotel is well located, a 5/10 minute walk into Paceville, with its restaurants and nightclubs, but far enough away that loud music etc can't be heard at the hotel. We are creatures of habit and found a few hours by the pool after breakfast, followed by lunch and a few drinks at Andrew's bar on the way into Paceville, was how our days were spent. We ate at Grill 3301, which is located within the resort grounds, on one evening and really enjoyed it. On the other evenings, we went into Paceville to eat at several other bars/restaurants.
We stayed at the hotel on a B&B basis and thought the breakfast was well cooked, very varied, well laid out and service was prompt. The hotel wasn't full so there were plenty of available tables and no 'bun fight' for food. All the staff we encountered were polite, curteous and helpful. We got our pool towels from the Apollo Spa but didn't make use of their array of treatments. The hotel also has a courtesy bus that will take guests to Sliema and Valetta but the local bus stops right by the hotel and will only cost around 40 cents from Sliema back to St. Julians.
The check in staff and concierge were very helpful and polite, they were happy for us to leave our luggage with them when we had checked out as we had a couple of hours to kill before our taxi collected us.
Overall, I would fully recommend this hotel for the high quality of the food, the ambience, the courtesy and polite manners of the staff, I'm sure we will return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is one of the best luxury hotels in Malta, bringing together outstanding sea views, enchanting luxury and unbeatable service.Standing like a beacon of luxury accommodation on a promontory overlooking St. George’s Bay in Malta, the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay can’t help but inspire dreams. Choose from a range of sumptuous rooms, each with a private balcony and state-of-the-art amenities couched in an elegant design that combines historic romance with a fresh contemporary edge. Guests of this 5 star luxury hotel in Malta are treated to unique experiences throughout their stay.There’s no need to tear yourself away from the picture postcard views of the bluest Mediterranean for dinner: each of the luxury hotel’s 9 fine restaurants offers ravishing vistas along with the most delectable meals. Dine al fresco at the Grill 3301 rooftop terrace, surrounded by the soft sea breeze, 360º views, and the mouthwatering aromas of fine cuisine. Or take a sip of a wide selection of fine wines in the exquisite French-style charm of the Vinotheque Bistro. The adventurous will be spoilt for choice with the hotel’s water sport centre, which offers private yacht hire, and the on-site diving centre. The famous Lido at the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay also offers 3 pools, children’s pool, bars, restaurants, sunbeds, and sea access, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the wonderful location. And for pure tranquility, there’s even a spa. But not just any spa: the Apollo Day Spa provides the ultimate in holistic pampering and wellness treatments designed to bring out the best, carefree side of you. Completed by an idyllic location that gives easy access to the highlights of Malta, there’s truly no better place to make your Malta holiday than the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay Malta