Please don't get me wrong, the hotel was an ideal base for touring such an amazing Island & is indeed very relaxing. But for me, some of the staff were a bit stand offish & I seemed to be missing the friendly nature that I expected from a five star hotel. I am unsure if it was because I missed the opportunity to tip the concierge or if they were unsure how to treat me because I was travelling alone but I often felt uncomfortable when I needed to ask for some help. One thing above all else that really irritated me was that the name on my room was Mr & Mrs- clearly I was a solo traveller, the booking for the room was only in my name- I felt there was a lack of attention to detail that was disappointing. However, I was impressed with the young lady who I met at breakfast every morning- she took the time to learn my name, where I tended to sit & was so happy & professional that perhaps she deserves the five stars.
One other thing to mention is that if there is a function at the hotel while staying there, expect to be unable to use the outdoor pools, barely be able to walk throught reception & hear the event even if not part of it. While staying there, I saw a birthday party, drinks reception & three weddings & they took over everything! Its a large hotel- surely these events could be accommodated while also allowing guests to make use of the many facilities the hotel boasts?!
My bathroom badly needed redecorating as the floor tiles were cracked & the paint on the ceiling had started to flake off. However the bedroom was spacious, cleaned every day & the bed was quite comfortable. I would stay there again, however I no longer would have such high expectations & I don't think I would go in peak season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is one of the best luxury hotels in Malta, bringing together outstanding sea views, enchanting luxury and unbeatable service.Standing like a beacon of luxury accommodation on a promontory overlooking St. George’s Bay in Malta, the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay can’t help but inspire dreams. Choose from a range of sumptuous rooms, each with a private balcony and state-of-the-art amenities couched in an elegant design that combines historic romance with a fresh contemporary edge. Guests of this 5 star luxury hotel in Malta are treated to unique experiences throughout their stay.There’s no need to tear yourself away from the picture postcard views of the bluest Mediterranean for dinner: each of the luxury hotel’s 9 fine restaurants offers ravishing vistas along with the most delectable meals. Dine al fresco at the Grill 3301 rooftop terrace, surrounded by the soft sea breeze, 360º views, and the mouthwatering aromas of fine cuisine. Or take a sip of a wide selection of fine wines in the exquisite French-style charm of the Vinotheque Bistro. The adventurous will be spoilt for choice with the hotel’s water sport centre, which offers private yacht hire, and the on-site diving centre. The famous Lido at the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay also offers 3 pools, children’s pool, bars, restaurants, sunbeds, and sea access, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the wonderful location. And for pure tranquility, there’s even a spa. But not just any spa: the Apollo Day Spa provides the ultimate in holistic pampering and wellness treatments designed to bring out the best, carefree side of you. Completed by an idyllic location that gives easy access to the highlights of Malta, there’s truly no better place to make your Malta holiday than the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay Malta