The I is the perfect combination of a business class hotel coupled with all of the facilities and amenities that holidaymakers expect.
We had an 11th floor executive room overlooking the panoramic pool and the courtyard of the Al Fresco restaurant. Contrary to another report we heard nothing of the music when we were in our room.
Room was huge with 2 double beds, a fantastic bathroom with a massive tub and separate shower. All the usual mod cons (hairdryer, iron, tea/coffee, minibar, cable tv with Sky 1/SS1/SS2/Sky Living etc)
Public areas very clean and contemporary.
Breakfast (huge buffet style) was pretty amazing. Can't think of anything more anybody could want.
Location is interesting as it is in the heart of the bar district in the Paceville part of St. Julians. Don't be put off by this but I would try to get a room that doesn't overlook the front of the hotel as I could imagine it might be a little noisy.
There is a small mall opposite with Adidas, Marks and Spencer Food, Hilfiger, Mexx, McDonalds (free WiFi as not free in hotel), Hard Rock, and a few other decent restaurants.
There is a small but busy sandy beach about 100 yards from the front door of the hotel and there is a private section for residents.
Roof top pool is great and there are plenty of sun beds. Towels are free too.
The bar by the pool is actually good value especially for the great food. Pizzas are really good and so too the wraps and club sandwich.
Take a walk in the evening over to the next bay (Spinola Bay) as there are some great value restaurants especially Papperazzi!
Carry on around the coast from Spinola for a couple of Km's and you will get to Sliema where there is a great new development, Tigne Point with a good Mall and some cracking eateries.
The change over to Arriva bus services from the iconic yellow buses that took place on Sunday 3rd July 2011 not entirely seamless but I reckon they will get there. Sad to see the yellow buses gone though (only the well maintained ones though as some were real clunkers)
Would recommend the I. Clean, modern, good service, good pool, good food, close access to buses etc.
Try it, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta