The review is based on a club room:
This InterContinental is a good choice. It`s located in Saint Julian`s.
It`s just steps away from hop-on buses, restaurants and small supermarkets where you can buy snacks&drinks at a decent prices.
The club rooms are great. They are of a good size, are located on the top floors and have a balcony (as most standard rooms as well).
They are good for allergic persons since there is almost no carpet in the rooms.
The bed is comfy.
The club lounge.....
....is good as well, the breakfast& afternoon tea service there is excellent.
There are coffee machines available for self-service.
Lots of different soft drinks and beer available troughout the opening times from 6.30 am - 9pm.
5 computers with fast internet and a printer available.
Service is always available but not intrusive, what I liked a lot. Some people might see that as a lack of service...so don`t forget, if you need anything simply ask and they do the best to accommodate you.
The restaurant (room service) is a let down. On my first day I ordered a rib-eye steak.
What I got was a thin, tough platter of meat that had nothing to do at all with a rib-eye steak.
As side dish they served like 8 thick & almost rar fries. Thankfully they served it with some bread. That was the only thing eatable. You get that for only 19 Euros.
(Price would be fair for a real rib-eye steak) That was my only dinner there, went to a different place after that experience).
Check in was not very smooth
I have booked `Smoking King`- room. Booking was at the Intercontinental website. However he was very suprised at check-in when I asked for a smoking room. He claimed not to have one. Only after I asked for a room in a lower categorie he `found` one...
Electronic minibar, charges you Items imediately (15 seconds) after removal.
Housekeeping dosen`t seem to care much about the electronics. TV was not working and both phones were flashing (Message light, even there was no message)
Thats not how I expect a 5* Star Hotel to hand out a room.
Overall, a good Intercontinental Hotel with a good standard.
Get a good rate, don`t try the restaurant and you will not regret your choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta