We arrived at the Intercontinental to be informed that the hotel was overbooked and that we would have to stay at the Radisson for the first night. By means of recompense Cornelia the Guest Relations Manager (who was excellent throughout our stay) arranged for us to be upgraded to the Club Floor on our return.
Yes at present the hotel is surrounded by a building site but as long as you manage to obtain a room over the pool and gardens this shouldn't proove to be a problem. The hotel is located right opposite the Bay Street Complex with shops and a few bars / cafes. But if you turn right outside and walk approx 30 metres you hit the steps of Paceville. Bearing in mind we were there in April the bars and clubs were heaving, which was a real surprise and I cant imagine what it will be like in August!
Very nice and large with a good sized modern bathroom. Not quite 5* standards but good none the less. Balcony furniture despite being plastic was comfortable.
Breakfast was very good with a large selection of everything you could wish for. Paranga on the beach has a fab setting and the food is delicious.
Spacious and offering a variety of seating both indoors and out. Unlike other Club Lounges we've been in it was a self service bar during 'Happy Hour' with no cocktail options but the variety and quantity on spirits etc made up for it.
A couple of negative comments however: the nibbles that are provided during the pre dinner drinks are unlabled and with today's food allergies I found this strange, also breakfast is provided in the Club Lounge but if you want an omlette or fried egg you have to pay extra...never come across this before.
A major selling point of the hotel must be the private section of beach for those preferring the sea to the pool - surely unique in the St. Julians / Silema area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta