My husband and I stayed at the IC Malta for the last 2 years in 2011 and 2010 and took our 18 year old daughter and friend. The hotel is an oasis of quiet and calm and although the bars and clubs were close by you are not disturbed by any of this.
Check-in was quick and on mentioning it was our return visit last year both our rooms were upgraded free of charge. The rooftop pool is large and clean with towels provided. The private beach is just a couple of minutes walk away with plenty of sun beds.
We especially enjoyed breakfast - there is a huge choice - certainly enough to keep you happy for 2 weeks and the restaurant is light and airy. Our daughter loved her room and especially the bathroom with huge mirrors. The gym is large with plenty of equipment and the spa was worth a visit if a little on the expensive side.
Car hire was easy to arrange with a car park conveniently located next to the hotel where you can leave the car overnight. There is also a cinema next to the hotel and such a wide variety lots of bars and restaurants nearby. Malta has such a lot to offer and we shall certainly be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta