Don't let the location put you off. Paceville (clubs, bars etc) is next door but you are not disturbed.
Staying on the club floor is a must. Its a haven away from the hussle and bussle of Malta. A pleasant suprise for us, from 15.00-19.30 the club lounge is child free, making a calm and relaxing atmosphere for business people, couples and parents alike. Kids club provides an excellent service for the little people's entertainment.
All the staff are professional, helpful and friendly. Pepe the banter was excellent (yes we know Spain won!!)
The management team are open to discussion, and welcome opinions and improvements for the hotel.
Our room on the 15th floor (club suite) was modern and spacious with a huge bathroom including,bath and large separate shower, the room was also kept spotlessly clean throughout our stay.
The Paranga restaurant is also excellent, a bit pricey but the best seafood I have ever had.
As mentioned in other reviews the beach club turns into a beach front bar after 6pm, we spent a couple of hours here one evening and loved every minute of it, although the main road is close the beach is still very private.
As returning guests we can honestly say we have never had a bad experience with the hotel or any of the staff and would reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Malta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta