First two words about Malta. The island looks more like the temple of junk food, pubs and night life, if you are after nature and landscapes going to Malta is not really your best choice.
Intercontinental is an attractive modern structure with a long list of facilities, restaurants and bars.
The positive aspects: Friendliness of the staff (really admirable). Free wifi (in our cathegory fo rooms), SPA and swimming pools with new furniture, free towel service.
However: outdoor swimming pool is not heated (few solar panels could have done). So by April/May the water can be around 18-20°C and that isn't really pleasant.
Even in the SPA the water of the indoor swimming pool is a little too cold.
The Hotel structure is elegant but twisted you need time to learn how to room around it, for instance to reach the fitness or the kid's club you need to make a long tour around the SPA.
The lifts in the south wing were quite insufficient, when one was stuck we had sometimes to wait for 3-4 minutes before being able to board one of the 2 still operating.
The kitchen is far better than the one you usually find around the island, but still goes too much in the direction of easy turistic food and it's a pity. For an italian, italian dishes offered are barely acceptable.
The buffet is below the standard of a 4 star Hotel, some plates are indeed excellent, while others are simply not good enough. (White rice for instance can be better prepared using the asian way that is more efficient and yields a better product, but many more dishes can be improved).
All in all we had a nice time here and I can recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta