myself and my boyfriend are just back from malta and stayed in this fab hotel!!! we were very happy as hotel definately lived up to its 5 star status!! we stayed on the 5th floor with a king deluxe room which was so spacious we did have a balcony but unfortunately it overlooked the garden and we had just a little wall separating the next balcony but it wasn't a big deal as we were never really out sitting on it! room was great was cleaned every morning fresh towels were provided and bathroom very big and very clean!! the cleaners didn't come too early usually they were around while we were at breakfast. we had breakfast included in our room rate which was just amazing everything to choose from including cereals, juices, full breakfast, pancakes,fruit,all you can think of really it was there also there was a chef who would cook your eggs fresh or omelettes. breakfast went on till 10.30 which was great as you could still get a sleep in. The pool area was on the 10th floor they provided you with towels for your sun loungers too. it does say you cant reserve a lounger but i did every morning as good loungers by the pool did go pretty quickly but there are plenty of loungers around the side of pool area. the pool bar was nice did good food not a huge selection but was fine not too pricey either, but one thing i did find expensive was the ice creams so don't get caught out 5.50 euros for a magnum way too pricey!! there are shops beside hotel so plenty of choice in them. we didn't eat in any of the hotel restaurants as we decided to eat out each night. around the hotel was a shopping centre which had a few places to eat they were ok not great though. so we decided to go down to spinola bay where there were beautiful places to eat and a nice surrounding too!! the hotel is a few doors down from the party area if your looking for a crazy night out this is definately the spot for u its full of bars and clubs but to be honest you cant really hear much of the party music!!! so definately worth a stay to this hotel if u want to splash out on your hotel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta