We stayed here for a week, in the middle of July. We arrived very late, so our room was ready for us on arrival. Check-in was fast and efficient, and we were taken to our room quickly. We had a superior room with a garden view, and considering the location, the upgrade is worth every cent. Although the hotel is listed as a St. Julians hotel, it is located right in the middle of Paceville, with night clubs surrounding the hotel. I knew this when I booked the hotel, but I was still surprised at how quiet our room was. As soon as you stepped into the hotel, all the noice and heat from the street outside disappeared. Even on our 11th floor balcony, it was really calm.
Only negative remark about the room, is that I ordered a double with a king bed and an extra bed for my daughter, and instead got a double with two queen beds. And one queen bed, although nice and spacious for our 4-year old is really on the small side for two adults. The hotel did offer to move us on the next day, or even upgrade us at a small cost, but because our room was situated so nicely. and with only a short walk to the rooftop pool, we decided to stay there.
Breakfast was OK, with a standard selection of hot and cold items and fresh and tinned fruit. Coffee was always served at the table, and the staff was very attentive and refilled your coffee and cleared the tables.
The gym facilities were really good, on par with most professional gyms I have seen. We did not try the spa. The rooftop pool was really nice, and we spent a lot of time there. It never really felt too crowded, and you never had to walk far from the pool to get a sunbed and even an umbrella. We did not care much for the private beach. It was small, the water wasn't really that clear and you needed to be there by 10 to get a sun bed.
The hotel restaurants, at least the ones we tried, were decent. We had dinner at Soprano restaurant, which is affordable, and has the feel of an Italian pizzeria. We also had lunch at the pool bar, which was OK and at the Waterbiscuit, which was very good. Waterbiscuit also has great drinks and good coffee. The concierge also happily recommended restaurants in and around St. Julians, and even booked tables for us.
Service was excellent all-over, and is probably the best part of the hotel. All staff were friendly and helpful, from the check-in desk to the pool attendants, and you feel very well looked after. But the hotel would have deserved a better location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta