I would say hotel was ok, but definitely not worth 5 star rating. I work in 5 star hotel in London and its nowhere even close to the standards that 5 star hotel should be trying to maintain. First of all, during my entire stay which was 6 nights, no one even tried to mention my name. Secondly, there was no consistency in service - one day you would find two bathmats, other day - one; one day no face towels; then you have not enough of shampoo, shower gel, etc., the next day you come and you find all double. Turn down was done 1 time during entire stay even though we refused just once and never had DND card on the door. In 5 star hotels, as far as I understand, Turn down is not optional. The room we were staying 1315 the toilet inside had permanent big yellow stain in the bottom, some mould on the mastic and the headboard was totally unacceptably damaged, heavy curtains dirty. Public areas are quite tired as well - public toilets near the main restaurant are quite rough. black stains around the lights and chipped corners - not at all 5 star. The inside pool had a huge black stain on the ceiling. Second day of our stay I went to have a swim in outside pool and 7:30am (in guest handbook the opening states 7am) and found it being washed by cleaners. Asked what time is it opening and was told that because of cut of employees they are not able to do it during the night, so have to start at 7am and because of that pool opens only 9. Which means that if you like to go to gym early and pool is part of your routine - forget it. The beach was yet another disappointment, the bar looked more like a pub, the beach itself is more like a pond as you don't see any water around, just a confined space. Not my thing.
the only nice place in the hotel was Water Biscuit and the restaurant upstairs. the staff was amazing. I don't remember their names anymore (one of them David maybe..?), just know that most of them were from Hungary. They were very helpful and friendly. Food nice and atmosphere good - clean and spacious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta