Very impressed with the hotel facilities, staff food and overall experience.
I wouldn’t say that it is a 5 star hotel, however a very high 4 star. We had a few issues, when reported were quickly sorted out. The only area that let it down were the rooms, we didn’t have a nice view, however they did place us on the higher floors as requested The bathrooms and rooms are lovely and spacious, however the beds are small and very soft. We were given a double room with two double beds, (even though we wanted one bed) however the double bed wasn’t quite a double, and not very comfortable especially for my husband who is 6ft 3”. The décor in let the room down.
We were very impressed with how pleasant the attentive the staff all were at all times.
We used the spa facilities, both pools private beach and the water biscuit restaurant, all were excellent. The beach area is busy but somehow we always got sun loungers. Be warned ordering drinks are the bar is far cheaper than getting the staff (obviously) I was surprised at the extra charge that was added
During our stay there was some maintenance work being carried out outside of the hotel, we were very impressed at how the hotel managed this, notifying all the guests and arranging for various day excursions.
The area is very busy, but that is one of the reasons that we stayed. It was the first week of the world cup, great atmosphere and lots going on. In Malta your never far from a quiet corner so it worked out brilliant.
All round a great stay will be back for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta