We are just home from spending a week holidaying at this excellent hotel. We arrived quite late and therefore check in was fast and efficient with myuren.We were given the option to upgrade for an added cost which we accepted ( it is worth haggling a little for a reasonable price!!) it was worth every penny as upgrade included a better room with a pool and garden view, in room movies, and use of the magnificent club lounge. We were really pleased with the room. It was bright, spacious, clean, and airy with a big bathroom incl a bath and really good shower! Robes and slippers were provided and air conditioning was excellent. We also had a lovely gesture from the hotel management of a complimentary bottle of prosecco and chocolates being brought to our room as they were aware we were celebrating our anniversary! A lovely touch which we really appreciated!! Our room was cleaned and tidied to perfection each day.
The pool area is lovely and is kept clean and tidy. Loungers and umbrellas are plentiful and towels are provided so no need to pack them. Poolside bar is available to get drinks and snacks....... All excellent quality!
Yes the hotel is beside a busy club and bar scene however this area can be avoided by walking through st George's bay to get to Spinola and batula bay where there are many beautiful restaurants in a more peaceful and relaxing location. No noise can be heard from the hotel at all!!
We ate at the hotels beach restaurant one night which was a beautiful setting accompanied by wonderful food and cocktails! There is an adjoining beach cocktail bar for after dinner drinks. If u check in on Facebook you receive 10% discount.
What really made our holiday was the club lounge. The service was excellent and it was so relaxing and peaceful. Here we had our breakfast on the large terrace each morning, over looking the pool and view of the area. Afternoon tea is served between 3 - 5pm daily. This meant we did not have to go out for lunch as it was adequate for us as a light lunch. A large range of soft and hot drinks were available all day with pre dinner drinks and canapés served between 5:30 and 7:30. Such a wide range of drinks were on offer. Staff were wonderful in the lounge and were very pleasant and helpful. Canapés were slightly different each night and were all very tasty!
Overall we had a fabulous stay at the intercontinental. We have already recommended it to friends and family and will hopefully return again. Thank you to all the staff for helping to make our holiday so enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta