I have chosen Interconti due to nice location near ST.Julians, where all island's night life is happening. We were making check-in in midnight and spent 3 hours for it because reception employee didn't want to provide us rooms which were initially booked (we pre-ordered bed type and floor in advance and hotel has confirmed it). Next negative surprise was waiting us in the morning when we went to breakfast. Breakfast room was crowded and very dirty (pieces of food and garbage on the floor), waiters didn't clean tables in time. Food itself was very average, coffee was impossible to drink, fresh juices were impossible to order even as extra. Hotel rooms were beautiful with comfortable bed and good bath facilities. Cleaning services were very poor. Interconti is advitising itself as a hotel with SPA but actually this "SPA" is a little poorly equiped beauty studio with no spa services (just ordinary facial, manicure, pedicure and couple variants of massage). Hotel employees are not friendly at all. There is a pool area on the roof and while there were a little wind hotel employees was taking off sun umbrellas. There were a lot of people with little kids and they were asking don't move umbrellas but hotel employees just were rude and have not listen to people with kids at all. I have seen many tourist at the reception blaming and arguing about hotel services. It seems hotel is not focused on customer care at all. It can be ok for a 1-2 nights stay but i don't recommend this place for vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta