This hotel was absolutley wonderful! A beautiful, cool lobby and reception with friendly, helpful staff. We had a great room, spacious, very clean, with a huge bed and a balcony. Complimentary snacks and water in the room on arrival. The room was comfortable and extremely quiet as it was away from the main street.
As Priority Club guests we had complimentary buffet breakfast in the club lounge, free afternooon snacks, sandwiches and drinks and free alcoholic drinks! Also free internet access and unlimited free tea, coffee and soft drinks!
Fantastic pool area, pool snack bars were also good. Nice views of the bay. The hotel also has its own private area of beach across the road and a short walk away from the hotel, but with such a great pool area it's not really worth the visit. The hotel has a nice snack bar/restaurant area there though for evening meals.
The only down side to the hotel is the area in which it is located. Very shabby 'entertainment' area, which at a weekend particularly is crowded, very noisy (with loud music) and is like that till around 3/4 in the morning. The following morning the streets are covered in litter from food outlets and sticky and grimy with spilt food and drink. No real shops to speak of apart from a few in the 'shopping arcade' opposite the hotel, which were rather expensive.
A few nice restaurants for a quiet, romantic evening meal for two can be found out of the main entertainment area, The entertainment area really is for your hard drinking teenagers and clubbers.
Excellent diving with the Starfish dive centre just a short distance from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta