Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$264
  • Pool
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
US$289
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
US$263
TripAdvisor
4,328 results
All reviewsthe club loungeprivate beachparanga restaurantindoor poolal frescobeach bardiamond resortsbuilding workbars and clubspre dinner drinksst juliansbusy areanight lifehotel restaurantsbay streetlarge hotelsteam room
Reviewed 22 September 2017

The hotel is run down and the rooms smell moldy. Carpets in hallways are very dirty. Breakfast is good and the rooftop pool is lovely. Location is very busy and noisy so depends what you're after. I will stay in another hotel next time as I think for the price there are better options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
InterContiMalta, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Anna R.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Please allow me to apologize that we did not manage to deliver an experience which lived up to your expectations. I regret to hear that your stay was not as enjoyable as we had hoped for.

Whilst thanking you again, I trust you nevertheless had a memorable time exploring the island.

Yours sincerely,

Berit Geiler
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Nice hotel, stunning at the onset but looking closer in need of refurbishment with huge wear to the carpets, damage to the mirrors etc. Room was huge - very spacious and clean, and beds very comfy. Breakfast was great - huge range so enough choice for most. Music by the pool was incredibly annoying - if you don't like loud reggae you are unable to escape from then it isn't ideal!
Main criticism was the number of staff - never been to a hotel with so many staff constantly wondering around - seemingly with very little purpose - and constantly knocking on the door to clean the room, then check the room had been cleaned properly, then ask what time you were checking out...it got absurd! A real shame.
Overall a nice hotel but for the price you'd expect a lot more!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
InterContiMalta, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Sparkle61,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back about your stay at our hotel.

We are happy yo hear you have enjoyed the comfort of your rooms as well our breakfast offerings. I'm sorry to hear the service delivered by our team was not always efficient and up to your expectations. Please, rest assured, I have addressed your comments with the concern departments who are committed to improve their services.

Once again thank you for your feed back.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Loved it! The pool is amazing and clean, the view is very nice, the food is good and the service is nice. You have to have a reservation if you are not a guest of the hotel and pay a tax for the usage of the beds. Spent an entire day there and loved it.

Stayed: September 2017
InterContiMalta, Hotel Manger at InterContinental Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Zlatinap96,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feed back about our hotel.

It is most appreciated and I am very happy to hear, that you highlighted our Skybeach pool which is one of our hidden gems. I'm glad to see you have enjoyed your day there and the hospitality of our team.

Hope to welcome you back at our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Lovely hotel but situated along a street lined with numerous Gentlemen's clubs. There was also significant construction going on in the small street on which the hotel is located which did not cause any noise issues within the hotel but made access difficult at times.

There are nice views to be had in a handful of the exclusive rooms on the 17/18 floors otherwise the views are simply of high rise buildings and nearby streets. It is definitely not the quaint picturesque area of Malta.

Inside the hotel is as you would expect of an Intercontinental - bright, spacious, modern and tastefully decorated. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was very good [11th Floor - no view], spotless and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was enormous and again spotless.

Regarding the pool, there is access for all guests to the small pool on the 10th floor. This is really tiny and very shallow i.e. water level less than knee depth for half of its length. There is a beautiful infinity pool advertised widely on the website and in the hotel that is only for those in premium suites. For regular guests it costs 70 euro per room per day to access which is exceedingly expensive. There is a nearby "private beach" which is absolutely tiny and given the location not really very nice to access i.e. past a building site and the aforementioned Gentlemens clubs.

Breakfast was excellent but expensive 20 euro for buffet style.

Overall nice interior but the location lets it down would find somewhere in a prettier neighbourhood if I was visiting Malta again.

Room Tip: The best rooms will be those with a sea view and that allow access to the 19th floor with the infinity pool.
1  Thank Muirneanndublin

Dear Muirneanndublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad to hear you have enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the hospitality of our team.
I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I am not sure I can add much to what has been said before. This is a large and smart hotel and I was upgraded to what was described as a 'panoramic' king room. I think this meant that it was higher up (floor 12) and so had a view out. However the views were of building sites and the floor 7 pool.

It is a very large hotel, well run with nice staff. They provided loads of water for the room as you cannot drink the tap water in Malta. However there were therefore no ice machines and the fridge in the room was a packed mini-bar with weighted slots so you couldn't make any of the bottled water cold.

The rooms are large and I had a separate shower as well as a bath.

The breakfast was extensive and a great range of different foods. The omelette bar is off to the far right hand side (as you walk in).

But like so many other reviews it's the location that is odd. You are surrounded by the red light district with gentlemen's clubs everywhere. It makes it noisy. There are also lots of building sites around so cranes etc everywhere. There are no nice views but that might be Malta as there seemed to be building everywhere generally without any sort of planning. There are so many old derelict buildings in amongst the new - it's a mess.

On leaving the hotel, taxi's are outside at 23 euros and I was told it wouldn't be necessary to book when I asked to do so the night before. In the end I walked past the queue - of sorts as the whole thing was a mess - and went up what I called Hooker Alley (a nightly bleach washed steps going up to the right after leaving the hotel towards the beach) and went to a local taxi counter on the corner at the top where you pay 20 euros using the same system as when you arrive at the airport.

Would I go back with my family, I'm not sure There are places I would rather stay and in fact the area put me off Malta rather. However I know there are great parts and I didn't see anything much as was attending a conference so maybe I'll give it another chance another time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
InterContiMalta, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Julian A.,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback.

We are pleased to hear that the breakfast was to your liking and our staff made you feel well looked after.

While certain aspects, like location, are out of our control, I apologize that the taxis on your departure were not managed effectively. We will do our utmost to ensure we learn and improve our services in the future. As such, I appreciate this being brought to our attention.

Whilst thanking again, I trust your conference was a successful one and you had a safe journey home.

Yours sincerely,