We were supposed to stay here for 1 week, but when we arrived the receptionist told us the hotel had been overbooked and we were transfered to the Corinthia San Gorg for 3 nights. As a compensation we received a room on the Club floor and Club lounge access when we came back to the Intercontinental. Unfortunately, the room smelled extremely musty when we entered and we needed to open the windows as much as possible to avoid the smell. I visited this hotel about 6 years ago and I must honestly say that in 6 years, this hotel has changed a lot in both looks and service. The rooms and corridors look old and worn out. They weren't even clean, with stains on the carpet and a not-so-clean bathroom. Even the breakfast was of lower quality than you would expect of an Intercontinental Hotel. The plus was, that even though we weren't satisfied with the hotel, we attended a beautiful wedding of our Maltese/Australian friends and as the hotel is situated centrally on the island, we had a great time and hope to visit Malta again soon, but than in a hotel of the Corinthia chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta