“Very enjoyable two weeks stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien St. Julians

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Verona
“Very enjoyable two weeks stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Our family (two parents with an eight years old boy) liked this hotel, its convenient location, its smart informal and modern features, its spacious rooms and bathrooms (tub and shower have their own separate space and the wc has its own small area with its own door: a very practical solution if three guests have to share these facilities), its restaurants offering each evening for an acceptable price a different good theme dinner (no charge for kids and free flow drinks including good Maltese wines), its rooftop pool, the underground garage free of charge etc. Previous reviews complaining for the slow elevators (there are four of them and during peak hours one may have to wait a couple of minutes), for the need to collect each time the free garage exit ticket, for the assumed hard beds, for the reception located in an upper floor (but it is the ground floor if one uses the main entrance on the hill side) etc. are not really to be shared, although one bell captain helping guests using the lower entrance might be of great help. Pity that no free wi fi connection is offered. We always experienced an attentive and quite efficient service and were pleased to find an extra bed for our boy although we did not previously require it. We did not use the spa which other guests reported to be good.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

I'm sat in the hotel lobby waiting for the mrs to get ready for our night out. Not too why there are negative comments about this hotel. Really nice location with bars and nice places to eat just down the road. Nice pool with not too many kids. Rooms are ok with great sea views. If I do have one complaint is the prices of drinks are expensive. A can, yes can of local beers is 5 euro at the pool bar. They tried to charge us 11 euro for a gin and tonic. I popped to the local shop and paid 1 euro for the same beer and chilled it in the wine cooler next to my sun bed. Maybe I'm just tight. If like me you paid £80 a night it's brilliant value. If you paid £300 a night like some people then I might be dissapointed. Overall its a great hotel which states it's a 5 star but really it's a lovely 4 star.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Just spent a week at Le Meridien. Almost everything in this hotel was great! Have sea view,it's worth the money! Very nice location with a lot of restaurants nearby. The hotel staff was very helpful!Try Saturday night BBQ buffet, great variaty of food and tasteful! In generally, service was overpriced (especially breakfast). The indoor pool was perfect! The outdoor pool was very nice, but would rather have it a bit larger...I would expect free wi-fi in the room...
Overall a wonderful experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room (827) with absolutely fantastic sea view.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I had an extended stay for business and was very happy with this hotel

The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. The room was large with a small mini- bar, and bottled water left in the room each day. When I checked in I was given a room with two balconies and the afternoon sun was just too much for the air conditioning. I spoke to the front desk and they immediately had someone see if they could fix the problem. Despite best efforts, it was still very warm. They cheerfully found me another room which was much cooler.

The breakfast buffet is very nice with lots of choices. I have dined at the buffet restaurant twice. At first I thought it was a bit pricey, but after eating out in the area it is actually quite reasonable for what you get. Excellent food. My only suggestion would be to include water in the buffet price at dinner. It is included at breakfast.

I loved the location as it was only a short walk to many restaurants. The location is a very nice and quiet and I would not want to stay in any other area after being in St. Julians Bay.

There is free parking for guests -- a must if you have a car in Malta!

Downside? Not much -- the elevators are pretty slow, but a big deal. I am surprised to read the negative comments. I am on my second stay here and have not had any similar experience. Would I like a sea view? Of course, but I had that choice when I booked by room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

The staff is extremely kind and helpful. We were a group of 13, including some children, and they helped us to prearrange our stay. We contacted with the concierge before travelling and got all kind of useful suggestions about things to do and help to make our reservations in advance. Once there they made their best to make us enjoy our stay in Malta. Very recommendable.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Very nice hotel & friendly staff.
great location, as could walk everywhere.
When they say sea view, you actually get a fantastic sea view.
Cleanliness & room layout was great.
Definitely be back, we loved Malta

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Me & y partner stayed at the hotel for 9 nights & thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a deluxe sea view room, which we were pleased about because other rooms face a car park/building site!!
The staff was so friendly & always there to help. The happy hour is a great bargain for cocktail lovers & the bar food is so cheap! They have special events on at the hotel over the weekend, although we didn’t go to any as we already had plans.
The spa is amazing, especially in the day when you just need to relax & there aren’t any children around! I had a massage whilst there & it was a real bargain. On the 12th floor, there is the pool & sunbathing area, we spent quite a lot of time here but took our own drinks. It cost 5 euro for a pint of diet coke which they poured out of a bottle and 4 euro for an ice cream!! Far too over priced we thought!
On arrival, the hotel have to take a deposit of 50 euro each day for the mini bar, films etc. We decided we didn’t need these so if you ask they will lock it for you & you don’t have to pay.
I fell there are a couple of thing I have to mention. They did a practice fire alarm at a ridiculous time of 11pm; this went on for 20 minutes & was an inconvenience. Also, one day we went out at 9am & didn’t get back until gone 5, only to find our room open. I went down to reception only to find the chamber maid hadn’t closed the door properly behind her & it had been open for 3 hours! This is totally unacceptable & the manager couldn’t be sorrier. The next day we came back in from eating out to find a couple of bottles of wine & chocolates which was a nice touch.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel; the location is brilliant & the service outstanding.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
#8 of 34 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,017 reviews

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!