We stayed at the Meridien in July and have to say I absolutely loved it. We were let down by Mercury Direct our travel reps as they failed to show up for one of our transfers and our welcome meeting which certainly put a damper on our holiday, but needless to say, the hotel certainly made up for it.
The hotel is lovely, the roof pool is small but the sea is on your doorstep and spent most our time here or in the spa pool. The pool is overlooked by building work which is a pain but we werent too concerned. The pictures on the Meridien website certainly don't do it justice! The rooms were massive, very clean and modern, only thing I would say is that there is no free wifi (if you are planning on using the internet, id recommend bringing a laptop to access it in your room as this is far cheaper than using the computers in reception).
There are the odd moody receptionists, when we checked in we were told to pay a 350 euro deposit for 'services' although she failed to tell us what these services were for, we eventually found out it was for the mini bar so we refused to pay as we felt this was excessive, particularly as we werent planning on using it anyway. This was locked as a result but this did not bother us!
The maids are brilliant, we received complimentary bottles of water every morning (this was because we didnt ask for our sheets to be washed every day - the sheets become softer once sleeping in them for a few nights). They always replenish any toiletries you use.
There is a vast amount of choice for breakfast; bread, pastries, cooked breakfast, cheese, omelettes, pancakes, fruit, yogurts etc! The only thing I would say is that there are very persistent people who come round trying to persuade you to eat there in the evenings by handing out leaflets (its very annoying when youre trying to have a peaceful breakfast!) The dinner in the evenings is far more expensive at the hotel, we found it nice to get out of the hotel and experience different maltese foods!
Happy hour is 6 - 7.30 and we loved this! you get some great cocktails and they give you some nibbles too. The bar staff are brilliant, you definitely get a 5 star service with this.
The location of the Meridien is brilliant, very central, lots of restaurants (always look for prices on the menu before you sit down, we had 2 main meals and 2 drinks which came to 43 euros, we thought it would be cheap as it was a family run restaurant!), picturesque views of the harbour in good distance for the nightlife (being a 20 years old, my partner and I went down to the strip for some drinks but found that the average age of people there were about 13 which made us feel very old!)
We went on a few excursions, Jeep ride around gozo, visits to markets, speed boat rides into the caves and boat trips. When dropping off other people at different hotels, we definately felt like we chose the right area to stay in, far more going on! I would definitely recommend going to the Blue Lagoon. A trip to Valleta is a must, you can catch the 11, 12 or 13 buses.
Also, we learnt that foreign people do not like to queue!!! Always make sure you stick to your guns, people pushing in means you miss out catching buses which is very frustrating! We think the english are the only people who know how to queue!! In addition, we also didnt like the fact there were no smoking rules, you could be eating your dinner and people smoking right next to you, vile! On a more positive note, I did not get bitten and i normally do, although flies are everywhere!
Overall we had a fantastic holiday and would recommend staying here, dont pay the 350 euro deposit, it is not essential and being students we were very dubious as to why we had to cough up! Yes, it is nice to have a sea view but we didnt feel it was necessary as we saw some amazing views from the hotel anyway, we were barely in our room during the day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Lastminute, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta