Stayed on business, for 3-4 days each time. Located on the coast road of St Julians, 10mins walk from the newish Portomasso development. Nice coastal path outside for walking / jogging.
My "deluxe room" was very large and spacious, with a good sized terrace with table and chairs and a nice side sea views. Room decor, fittings and furnishings all rather dated, circa 1980s. The large bed was very comfortable, with very nice linen. Room reasonably well maintained, and very clean. It had a large spacious bathroom, with separate shower and bath. However, it had a very small separate cloakroom / toilet. Like the room, the bathroom was dated, with low / mid range quality Ideal Standard type bathroom fittings; some rather worn and in need replacement. Also, needed more attention to detail with finishing off.
Reception area was spacious, and front desk and staff in general were very pleasant and helpful. I was not so keen on the over loud lift music, which must have been chosen by the same person who picked the "very loud" corridor carpets. At my end of season visit, the pool / roof area was rather poorly maintained and very untidy.
Overall, not to the same luxury standard that a Meridien name might give you in Rome or Paris, but the price is also very very different - you get what you pay for. Its more like a 1/2 Meridien ? 3 1/2* rather than 5*. Perfectly OK, but very much like an older Marriott or Holiday Inn. Non Package holiday out of season prices vary a lot, but circa EUR 150-220 / night, ex b/f, which was fair value for money, due to size of the room and comfort of the bed. I'm sure considerably cheaper on a decent 7N package deal. However, it doesn't compare well with new resort style hotels in comparable places such as Rhodes Sheraton, or modernised city centre hotels like the Athens Hilton, all at similar prices. A reasonable hotel, to which I'd happily return, but in need of a rebrand or refurbishment. The Meridien name sets the wrong expectations for many guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta