Disappointing. This really is not a 5* hotel, but it is a perfectly average 4* hotel.
It is certainly not a resort – it is a city hotel next to a busy road/junction and bay. There are no open areas apart from the 12th floor roof pool & strips of sunbathing areas, plus the very small 9th floor roof terrace.
- easy walking distance to Spinola Bay restaurants (& Paceville if you fancy the nightlife for 15-21 year olds)
- adequate sized rooms (even Classic)
- you can get the hop on/hop off buses very nearby
- classic rooms have appalling views of the neighbouring tatty buildings, breeze block walls & building site
- the roof pool has views of the rows of grey metal capacitors on the neighbouring building one end and the phone masts the other end (but no problem with phone reception!)
- half of the umbrellas by the pool are torn or in need of repair
- rubbish is collected too infrequently poolside so it blows around in the wind
- there is no wifi anywhere in the building except in the lobby (hence, you’ll see people loitering here with their phones, tablets & laptops)
- the breakfast is adequate but tinned pears & stale rolls on the Sunday morning were again not 5*
- seeing the barman in The Villa bar/restaurant chopping lemon with a cigarette in his hand make you wonder what the food hygiene might be like generally
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Priceline, Prestigia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta