My husband and I returned to Malta for a re-union and picked Le Meridien because we had had such a good time in the Dom Hotel, Cologne.
The hotel's position on Balluta Bay means that buses to the rest of the island are readily available either just outside the hotel or across the road. Maltese driving is 'interesting' and some may prefer to use public transport which is readily available and cheap.
The hotel lobby is a symphony in cream polished limestone with darker marble floors.
The room we had was large with good-sized bathroom with a separate shower and lavatory. The bed was very firm, which we like but I think may not suit everybody. The balcony overlooked Balluta Bay and was a lovely place to watch the world go by and spot ships heading for Grand Harbour. It is worth paying a little more for a sea view as the view from the back of the hotel is of the car park and blocks of flats.
We ate breakfast in thehotel every morning. The buffet is enormous and varied but the best choices, in my opinion, were the fresh Maltese cheeses and breads. Also, there was such a variety of fruits and salads there that one could eat a healthy '5 portions-a-day' at breakfast and not worry about the rest of the day!
We had a drink in the bar most evenings during Happy Hour and a couple of times followed them with a bar meal. Portions were more than generous (too large for us to finish) and very reasonably priced. We did not eat in the restaurant, which mostly seemed to be large buffets on a different theme each night.
The staff were universally friendly and helpful - especially the ones in the Ku-de-Ta Bar.
The lifts were an issue for me as I use a wheeled walking-frame and could not use the stairs though my husband did if it was possible. There were areas of the lobby (where the comfortable chairs and sofas were) which I could not access. Ditto the business centre (where it is possible to buy internet time) which is down a flight of marbe steps.
I also found the public areas noisy with the background music at too loud a volume, which of course means that people also speak more loudly in order to be heard above it. However, the rooms were calm and peaceful and spotlessly clean, as was the rest of the hotel..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta