My partner and I stayed here mid October 2012 for our first trip together abroad. The weather was very windy, and all the small boats at Sliema had been cancelled throughout our stay. Was very glad to have booked with this hotel, as we could still enjoy our holiday by motor transport/ferry to Gozo instead and enjoyed the hotel spa (very quiet when we went). We upgraded to a seaview for a gorgeous view of the bay and fresh air billowing in on those humid days. Loved to watch the traffic in the morning from the balcony, and see the sun come up in the quiet hours, which was really beautiful. Air con in the room was perfect, and the room very spacious. So comfortable, we walked about in our robes from spa on 3rd floor to our room on 7th floor.
Buffet breakfast was a real treat. Donut chef man making fresh crispy donuts dusted in sugar that were the best thing I tasted in Malta. "You'll be back", he said, and we did the next morning, and the morning after that!
Special thanks to Innocent, the door man, as he helped us by calling urgently on 3 different taxi companies to help us reach the airport at the last minute. Our tour operator airport transfer bus failed to appear (apparently this is usual), and time was running out. Taxis were hard to come by at peak time (checkout time) so be warned. We waited more than 1hr 30 minutes, and arrived at the airport as the check-in gate was closing, but made our flight back, just barely. Thankyou very much, Le Meridien for all your help. Very much appreciated
Location for this hotel is fantastic. Walking distance from Sliema ferries, the bus to Valetta was always crammed with people from 10am onwards, so unless you want to be under someone armpit, taxis are the way to go. We are very grateful for the hotel staff recommendation to 24hr open-air restaurant Estilo, Piazza Cascada in Paceville, for fresh sushi and smoothies next to illuminated waterfalls, as we arrived too late for most restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Prestigia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta