“Very good stay! Great”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stay one week with my 7-year daughter at Le Meridien St Julian's. The executive room was clean, big, appreciated the bathroom with a shower & a bath, we had a balcony as well but with no sea view... however from the rooftop pool we have a nice sea view.
The continental breakfirst was very good, with many choices and very kind staff.
The hotel location is also very good, Ballota bay is not so far to the hot spot in Malta, it's near La Villetta(15mn by taxi), and very close to Sliema and Spinola bay as well for the night life and great restaurant.
The concierge at the hotel was very helpful and advise us on tours to make. They make the booking of malta sightseeing for island tour and a pickup took us from the hotel.We tried the SPA and enjoyed it(hammam, jacuzzi, sauna), they did accept the kid at some hours so really appreciate that. There was also a gym that I didn't try. Only point that bothered me a little is the WIFI, which was only available in the lobby. I guess an extra was required to get the WIFI in the room which I found a little disappointing for a fare like this. So definitly I'll go back to this hotel, and I recommend it to enjoy your stay in MALTA!

Room Tip: We was at 7Floor !
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Le Meridien St. Julians

Reviewed 1 December 2012

My siblings and I gave a gift to my parents Joe and Romilda for their anniversary - A weekend break Break at Le meridian and they had the time of their life. During there stay they had words of praise for all the staff especially for Mario (Concierge) and Adrian (front desk). They also said that the food was delicious and the Spa was heaven on earth. I guess next time it has to be me and my wife.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Usually I make two trips a year to Malta on business and stay or a period of 4-7 days at The Le Meridien Hotel St. Julians. I was introduced to this hotel on my second visit to Mlta and have been staying there ever since. Why? Well the setting overlooking Barcutta bay, the staff, large comfortable rooms. They supply a pick up service from the airport with their exclusive taxis so it's nice to see on entering the arrivals terminal a Le Meridien logo with your name. The hotel is only about a 20 minute drive. Check in is fast very friendly and your bags are whisked to your room before you leave the check in desk. There is Wi-Fi available in the large loby area with very comfortable seating and a view over the bay. Nice place to have a meeting and a drink too! Outside bus stops, restaurants, bars all a short stroll from the hotel. he Catholic Carmelite Church is within 2.mins walk with services from 6.am. every day

Negative points only one and a personal one from me old TV sets with very limited English speaking stations no BBC<ITN< CH.4 I do understand from staff that a major refurbishment program will start in Jan. on the entire TV and wi-fi sytems.

The porters desk is a major source of very helpful information whether it's a restaurant, how best to get to a location on Malta or Gozo. Always available to assist. So great hotel and great staff. Depending on time of year they also offer great packages.

Am looking forward to my next visit in February already.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view spend a little extra.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2012

The hotel is situated in a perfect location, a bus ride from anywhere, yet in walking distance to bars, stores, casino and other attractions.
Standard rooms are small and usually facing buildings and rural property. The hotel charges an additional 10Euro a day to upgrade to a sea view deluxe room. Spend the extra money, or book a deluxe room in advance!!! Do not pass up on the view.
Breakfast was great and service throughout the hotel is excellent.
The water in the interior pool could have been hotter as well as the jacuzzi.

Room Tip: The 12th floor has an additional pool. Join Starwood Preferred Guest program in advance - grants di...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gadi K
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I would like to THANK and CONGRATULATE You and Your Team for Another Successful Event. I could not stop singing your praises with everyone I met as everything requested was dealt with efficiently and professionally and my endless phone calls/visits to your office were never greeted with anything less than a Smile and a reassurance that everything will be seen too. All the Staff on duty were also very willing to see to our requests and took special care of us organisers throughout the event.

I also appreciate the Complimentary Room Upgrade - most especially for the convenience of being located by the Lift. I was happy not to have to walk the extra steps when running up and down to fetch things during the actual Conference.

I sincerely look forward to another occasion to host another Meeting at your prestigious Hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We enjoyed this hotel in in July so much we booked again for a week in October, we were not disappointed everything was great if you go pay extra and get the seaview deluxe, the rooms are clean spacious and airy. We took our 4 year old grandaughter again and had a wonderful time the weather was a bit rotten and I will never go so late in the year again only got to Melliah bay for swimming once, but there was the indoor pool which kids can go in up noon every day so not too much of a problem. Food and cocktails brilliant go do happy hour about 8 euros but its buy on get one free really:-)) NO COMPLAINTS will be returning hopefully in June 2013

Room Tip: higher floors will be less noisy from the traffic as there is a main road to the from sea view side...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SummersNan
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This was my first stay at a La Meridien hotel. Great location, nice large rooms and professional service. A lovely sun lounge area overlooking Balluta Bay. Hugo's Tapas restaurant in St Julian's, is an elegant and stylish and delicious food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!