My girlfriend and I stayed here from the 4th until the 9th of May 2013.
As can be seen from the general manager replying to the worst of reviews - this is clearly a hotel that cares.
I read the bad reviews this hotel was given and decided to go anyway, as half of the bad reviews did not apply to me or any other sensible person (old TV? - if you are a couchpotato - stay home. No wifi in the room? - it's a holiday... enjoy your break from your overflowing inbox & the mindless web-surfing.)
To give you a rundown of top complaints and actions they have undertaken as of my stay there:
They have updated their TVs with Samsung 42" or 50" flatscreens - I didn't measure them by hand - they were a fair bit larger than the 32" I have at home.)
No WiFi in the room:
There is free WiFi in the reception area and they are rolling out hotel-wide WiFi access. It did not work yet upon my arrival, however, being in IT project management myself, I understand that such an endeavor (roll-out) takes time - their login page for room access was already up and running, yet remained non-functional.
To the reviewers saying the hotel was overbooked: You might be right, that is an issue, and Le Meridien Malta should fix that - that is unacceptable.
To the reviewers from Britain using horrible syntax & grammar, I, as a non native speaker of English (from Belgium) skipped your review deeming you unqualified to review anything for a mass audience.
My personal opinion of the hotel:
- Matresses a bit hard - not an issue for me.
- Breakfast is served between 6:30 and 10:30, even late arrivals are served - great.
- The mini bar is automated, so whenever you lift a drink it is charged to your bill - take from that what you want. You get a chance to despute the charge at checkout.
- The seaside rooms are most definitely worth paying a premium for.
- They respect the Starwood Preferred Guest subscription (as long as the hotel is not overbooked, apparently.)
- Reception-, housekeeping-, and rooftop pool staff were very helpful.
- Last but not least, do realize that this is a hotel, not a resort, they don't have 50 pools and 20 pool bars. That being said, their rooftop pool has one of the most amazing views in Malta.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and will be returning myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta