“15 journalists on a "taste" of Malta trip”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We chose the hotel mainly because of its most convenient & picturesque location. Our guests - journalists from Switzerland very very happy with the rooms and with a very good & rich breakfast offer. I can't judge the restaurant, since we ate outside the hotel. The staff war very friendly and forthcoming. We would come to the Le Meridiene Hotel happily again ! We can only recommend the Hotel to anybody visiting Malta.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,769)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rained on first day therefore we had a couples Spa treatment which was amazing. Food was great with a wide choice and a different theme each evening. Breakfast was also very good again with a varied selection to choose from. Wine was reasonably priced in the restaurant. Happy Hour, two drinks for the price of one was a nice way to start the evening.We had a deluxe room on the 7th floor which was clean and modern and overlooked the bay.The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. A special mention for Kirsty and Caterina in the dining room, Ivana in the bar area, Miquel and Anastasiou on reception.
Only downside was that the lifts were being refurbished and the remaining two lifts struggled to cope at peak times. We were NOT advised that this work was going on.
Would recommend this hotel and would return on future visits to Malta.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the bay is a must....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The spa was far from special. All there was available was the Sauna, Jacuzzi (which is nothing more than a plastic basin big enough for two and a half people), and the indoor pool which was full of people and children.

The room was very nice I must say. Amazing view of Balluta bay, private balcony and a very comfortable bed. Loved the idea of the toilet being in a separate room to the bathroom. The room service was spectacular! Food was cooked perfectly to my liking.

Breakfast buffet unfortunately didn't have a big choice of what to each but what there was tasted very good =)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've been to Malta a number of times before on business, but this was the first time staying in Le Meridien.

First impressions are very good, staff were firendly enough and it was right next to the sea. My room was maybe a little small compared to other 5 star hotels in the area, but the bathroom was a decent size with both a shower and large corner bath. Unfortunately the view over the car park was not great - and there was quite a lot of noise at night (not ideal to sleep with the windows open) - no worries though as there is air-conditioning.

There's a very nice spa (with steam room and sauna) and indoor swimming pool, but the real gem about this hotel is the sun roof terrace with pool, sun-loungers and bar.

Breakfast is good with a choice of different cold meats, cheeses, yogurts, cereals, fruit salad and cooked breakfast (including a nice man who will make you a fresh omlette of your choice!)

Location wise this hotel is very central, just a short walk into the restaurant and bar scene. Though as a word of warning there is quite a steep hill to walk down to the bay! I would stay again if I was unable to get into other hotels, but out of choice I would always choice the Westin Dragonara Hotel - though slightly pricier that is a true 5 star hotel in every sense of the word!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Our Company organsied a seminar/conference at Le Meridien, St. Julians over the weekend. The whole event went without a hitch thanks to the tireless assistance of the staff. A special thanks to Elyse (the Events Manager) for her help but all members of staff that we dealt with were friendly and helpful. Will surely be back for our next conference.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ExecutiveOfficeMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad to read that your business event went well and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

I have passed on your kind comments to Elyse and I truly appreciate your mention of our staff's friendliness,

Thank you for selecting our property for your event,

With my best regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel is situated in a great location with excellent transport links and many restaurants and bars nearby. Large modern well furnished rooms with balconies some overlooking Balluta bay.The indoor pool and spa area is an ideal place for relaxation and was usually a haven of tranquility. The only issues we had were that although I had booked room only I received a message on the second day informing me that I had exceded my credit limit. On investigation at reception they told me that it was the charge for breakfast for the week. I told them that we were booked room only and after a few minutes they agreed and said that my account would be re credited. Due to this mix up the fridge had been locked with our water in it and even after several requests it was never unlocked. We did have a small problem with very, very slow drainage in the bathroom sink which was reported twice but never repaired. Apart from these minor issues we had a wonderful stay and would not hesitate in returning. I would say that this hotel is probably a good four star hotel and not quite five as promoted.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ExecutiveOfficeMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review and your positive ratings.

Although I am glad to read that you would not hesitate in returning to your hotel for your next vacation in Malta, I would like to apologize for the apparent issue you suffered with regards to the mini-bar and credit available. I am very sorry to read that it was not promptly solved to your satisfaction and I would be grateful to receive additional information from you. This would certainly help me understand what happened and take the most appropriate measures to make sure that such a situation doesn't occur again.

Please do feel free to contact me via email at your best convenience.

Thank you so much for your valued custom,

With kind regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I like this hotel very much...the combo of an upstairs pool and sun deck with a gorgeous indoor spa pool, makes this pick a winner....reasonable mini bar prices and free water delivered daily a really nice touch....now the way to get a 5th star from me....it does not matter that you are putting in more elevators , a 300 guest hotel with two small elevators? who signed off on that? there is a formula for elevators/guest/room count and two never pops up in that equation...too few and way too UNCOMFORTABLE LOUNGE CHAIRS ON TOP FLOOR....BATHTUBS soap holders mounted to interfere with your bath, mount next to faucet not on my left shoulder...cheapo luggage racks made in high school shop class...not made for a real 23 kilo suitcase....do not store bedcovers in a room with limited closet space, the entire top shelf was unusable due to not one but TWO bedspreads, even though the third was on the bed already...

Room Tip: only book sea view rooms and new elevators are on line by christmas 2013
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your constructive feed-back.

Allow me to just rectify one point: we don't have two but four elevators in our property. We are currently upgrading them (not adding any) and we are working on them two by two, to still allow our guests to reach the floors - but rendering two of them momentarily out of order. This is unfortunately the only option we had to operate these works, which had become absolutely necessary. We will complete the works on our elevators by the end of February, with a pause between the two phases of the project between the 15th of December and the end of the year.

I have taken good note on your feed-back about our sun loungers and I apologize for the inconvenience caused with the top shelf of your wardrobe: we do our utmost to present our clients with many options for their bedding preferences but our operational teams would have certainly removed those at your request: indeed our Service Center team is available at any given time by dialing "0" from your room.

This being said, I do hope that the issues you felt necessary to highlight didn't cloud your overall impression of our facilities and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future,

Thank you so much for your repeat custom,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!