We had a two week stay over Christmas in a junior suite. On booking in we were advised we had a standard room although I had specifically booked a junior suite. The travel agent sorted this quickly once we contacted them, but the hotel insisted on charging up front.
Our room was large with plenty space for the extra single bed. Air con has become heating for the winter and it was too hot and airless at night, even in December. We had to sleep with the balcony door open and the net curtain didn't stop the few biting insects which found us in the night. We could hear noise from other rooms and from the corridor at times.
Room servicing wasn't great. We took the opportunity to "make a green choice" and didn't have the room serviced every day. We should have been credited with points/ a voucher but the maid didn't seem to know what I was talking about and the front desk staff were less then efficient, though always friendly. The was a similar issue with Internet access, when I accidentally accepted a charge and my husband rectified it within minutes it still appeared on the bill, and when we explained what happened they offered to charge only half ! Not an acceptable level of service.
Food was of good quality in the Scirroco restaurant, and with an extensive selection, although we only ate breakfast. Plates were only warm on one or two occasions and are occasionally dirty. Staff knew us well by the end and were very friendly. Chefs helpful. Christmas Day breakfast was beautifully presented.
Spa was lovely - there is a time of day when children arrive and it's a little noisy, but otherwise it's warm, relaxing and the quality of massage was very good.
Location is central and free parking is a bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Lastminute, Prestigia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta