“Lovely hotel”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Saint Julian's
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned after 4 nights in the Le Meridian hotel. We had a wonderful time. The hotel was first class with extremely pleasant and helpful staff. The room was upgraded and it was lovely so thank you. Breakfasts were first class and we also had a lovely meal on the Saturday night. Definitely a lovely hotel to stay in and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Well done

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley M
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Lesley M,

On behalf of the whole team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa I thank you for the positive review regarding your latest stay at our property.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at our property in the near future.

Warm regards,

Guest Experience Ambassador

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked a short break of 4 nights at Le Meridien through Broadway travel for 6 family members to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. Everything was first class at an amazing value for money deal.The room was large and spotlessly clean, all staff very friendly especially the concierge. I would recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Keith H
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Hortsy,

Thank you for sharing these positive and wonderful comments with us and other fellow travelers.

I am pleased to read that our members of staff were able to provide you with a memorable experience. It was a real pleasure having all of you with us for such a lovely occasion.

Thank you once again and we all look forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Kind regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and I really do love it. I look forward to the buffet breakfast each morning after a good night's sleep. The hotel is generally quiet and is therefore great for a relaxcing holiday. Seaview room obviously comes with a great view but I have also had a room at the back of the hotel, although the view isnt as good it suits me better as the balcony has the sun on it all day long.

Really clean hotel, proper 5*, friendly staff, great location, food always amazing and reasonable.

For those who like to exercise whilst on hols, the hotel has a spa, heated pool, and the gym isnt your normal hotel gym, it has all the cardio equipment you could want as well as resistance machines and free weights.

Cant wait to go back

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gareth M
Dear GarethMcKeown77,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa and for your valued custom.

I have personally communicated the entire comment with the whole team and all of our associates were delighted to read such a positive comment.

Feel free to contact me directly via email (available on our official website) for any requests that may have in the near future.

Germany
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Seems airconditioner only produced heat in our room, but no need in winter anyway. They refurbished half the elevators, making them very slow - sometimes elevators refused to go (ie you pressed a keypanel for desired floor to call on the elevators, BUT this often gave a too busy, try again later message). Especially "funny" as I went to a floor 3 floors above another guy, he was denied access - while I got the lift for my floor.

Room was good and view was good, light switches appeared a bit illogically placed for bath rooms. Nice that they had one europlug in the room.

Internet was apparently only free due to refurbishment inconvenience and needs activation by credit card at front desk.

Free private parking was nice as can be hard to find street parking. Remember to get a parking ticket for your stay.

Breakfast was good, could be better for a 5star - but not bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janoleolsen
Dear Janoleosen,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your latest experience at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

As accurately commented we do have lovely rooms overlooking Balluta Bay. On the other hand, please do accept my apology for the inconvenience that you encountered due to our lift upgrade.

I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

Warm regards,

Valletta, Malta
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We really enjoyed the warm and fantastic atmosphere delivered by the staff in charge on 22nd March 2014. Delicious food and beverages. Really enjoyed by all guests present. The event organiser - Christina - was really charming and helpful. Keep it UP! You really made this day unforgettable for my daughter - the new mum to be.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Manuel G
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Manuel G,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that our level of service has exceeded your expectation. The review has been forwarded to the respective head of departments. We are very proud to have Ms. Cristina Dimech as part of the Le Méridien team.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Turku, Finland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked this on a special internet rate. The hotel did not disappoint. As other commentators have noted the lifts are a bit of a mess, but this is a minor issue. It is a bit confusing the way the reception is on the third floor. The room was immaculate, spotless and gave a real impression of luxury. We had a balcony that was nice, although it looked out to the rear but this was not suprising given that we were on a discounted rate. So no complaints there. We were on room only but you can get a full breakfast in the bar area for about 9 euros which I would fully recommend. The staff were excellent. One star is lost for the spa, which was a big reason why we booked. The rules about using the spa were very confusing. For the benefit of future guests, you are supposed to get changed in your room, having ordered some special slippers from room service (which will be too small for you if your feet are big), and go to the spa in your swimsuit, albeit in a bath gown, one of which will be in the bathroom, the other in the cupboard. None of this is explained anywhere, and it seemed that the lift issue was exacerbated by confused guests going back to their rooms to try and follow the spa rules. The actual 'spa' (a tiny swimming pool, lukewarm jacuzzi and decent sauna) is nothing special and was overcrowded in the afternoon, when we went. The treatments looked expensive and we gave them a wide berth.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil H
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Neil H,

I want to start by thanking you for the comment and ratings.

Thank you for mentioning our wonderful rooms, the food and beverage service offered at Ku Dé Ta and the great service that was offered by our members of staff. On the other hand please accept my apology for the issues encountered when trying to make use of our Lotus SPA. I do further apologize that our Indoor pool was not up to your satisfaction.

The entire comment has been communicated with the respective head of departments.

Thank you once again and we all look forward to welcoming you back with us at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Had a hard time writing my review of this hotel as had a few complaints but Gilbert in Guest Relations was so nice. I have to be fair though.
Check in was a little too long, we weren't offered a warm towel or a drink. We also weren't told of any issues, more later.
The lifts as have been mentioned have had issues since October 2013 at least and continue to do so.
Room was fine with a view of the bay but also of a building site which as it gets taller is blocking many rooms view of the sea. They start at 7 so be aware.
Bed very firm but they will put a quilt on as a mattress topper if asked. Shower is in a cubicle with the shower head above you. It can't be moved and you can't avoid getting hair wet. Please note that not all ladies want to get their hair wet each time they shower. No shower caps were in the room but they let me have one when asked. I think they should be there ready and waiting.
Not many English TV channels.

Now the main issues for us. We booked this hotel because it had a nice indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room and gym etc and we planned to use these every day to help us de-stress from our busy jobs. We were therefore extremely disappointed when we first used the facilities on the Sunday to find they were closing them the next day. Repairs were needed to the pool and they were taking the opportunity to do a refurbishment too. Why weren't we told before we arrived? They knew a few days before. Why not be advised at check in? This did spoil our holiday. We took this up with Gilbert and even asked if we could use the sister hotel Westin Dragonara's pool but this was declined. We were offered half board which we didn't want as we like to try different restaurants. Gilbert put a credit on our room which was good of him but it never made up for the loss of those relaxing facilities.

Breakfast was good. Happy hour in the bar went down well and they do nice food there too.

We decided to try the Spanish Fiesta night in the Scirocco restaurant. Big mistake. I am not sure the head chef has ever tried authentic paella but please be assured it would never be served with crab sticks! It was meant to be seafood but apart from the crab sticks it was just a few muscles. No peas. And no paella pan, they seemed to be stir frying pre cooked rice. There were other offerings but it was very average for €26.50 per person. Try Wiggis on the sea front, 2 min walk away, a different class.

Hopefully once the pool facilities are back open I'm sure it will be nice. Overall though I didn't come home feeling relaxed so can't rate it higher.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wildpoppy
Dear Wildpoppy,

Thank you for the comment and the points that you felt necessary to highlight regarding your experience at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa. I do want to personally apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay at our property.

It was a pleasure being at your assistance. Moreover, I am disappointed to read that the compensation offered was not up to your satisfaction. I do further apologize that I was not able to meet your expectations.

With regards to the inconvenience caused at our main restaurant please note that our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage manager were informed immediately after the feedback was provided.

Once again I do honestly apologize and hope that I will have another opportunity to welcome you back at our property. Feel free to contact me directly via email (available on our official website) for any assistance and special requirements.

Kindest regards,

InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 32 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,825 reviews

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!