“nice!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
kent
“nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at this nice hotel for 7 days and can say that I really enjoyed my stay !
The hotel is clean and the rooms were large and spacious !
The staff in the hotel are all very friendly and helpful and they make the stay very welcome !
The breakfast was first class and Adolph make great omoletts!
The happy hour at bar is must as the waiters make great cocktails!
The spa is clean and the facilities are swimming pool ,steam and sauna which are kept clean all times! ,
This hotel is right near the main bus stop and you can buy a weekly pass for 6.50 euro and travel to all the sights !
I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I enjoyed my experience !

Room Tip: higher floor !
1 Thank davinasamra
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Davinasamra,

On behalf of the whole team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa I thank you for taking the time to share this positive feedback with other fellow travelers.

It is always a pleasure to read that our members of staff have played a big role in making your experience at our property an excellent one.

Thank you for mentioning our beautiful rooms, the cleanliness of the property, our food & beverage services and the location of the hotel.

Warm regards,

Guest Experience Ambassador

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berkshire UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the third time we have stayed here in three years. March/April is great in Malta with flowers coming out and the breeze to make the sun dangerous.
Le Meridien is being refurbished with work on the lifts/elevators. This is comical as the logic of which floors get visited by which lift defies any mathematical convention.
Our room (on the sea view side, with less sun than town side, but great view) was clean and very well looked after. The hotel must be amongst Malta's finest: pool very warm, gym fully equipped, and bar and resteraunt excellent. St Juliens is great, just walk around the corner into spinola bay for bars (and footie at the Dubliner) and some great restaurants.

The hotel has a very friendly ambiance indeed. Rooms are very well appointed and large. All the staff help us and we feel at home. In the evening (we were b&b so) we went to the hotel restaurant on a few days.

The chefs in the Sirocco restaurant were so helpful in the evening, especially Kai who always looked after us, and the man from manchester who suggested putting honey onto blue cheese (brilliant and hilarious!).

Breakfast is excellent: dont stint on this. The omlettes, the buffet - all great! They need to invest in a proper toaster though - they have two of those slow things with conveyer belts, that you have to put toast thru at least twice - what a stupid thing, If the hotel manager even stayed there once and had to do this he would change it!

All in all this hotel is great for a break because you can stay around st julien's or go into sliema (shopping and lunch at the seafront hotel near The Point shopping centres - Caesar salad is great!). Valletta on bus is just 20-30 mins dependent on the traffic.

We will come back every year while this hotel stays at this level, Huge fun and a really relaxing place to stay!

Professor Peter Grindrod, University of Oxford

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Peter G,

I am delighted to read that your latest stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa was up to your satisfaction. I have personally communicated your kind feedback with the respective head of departments.

The Le Méridien team is looking forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

North Richland Hills, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This is a nice 5-star hotel in a good location. It is located close to both Sliema and Paceville and all local attractions are in walking distance. The rooms are clean and nice and the service is really welcoming and friendly ! The breakfast buffet was big but for a five star restaurant you can expect more ! This goes for everything in the hotel ! Everything is nice but for a great and satisfactory but I have been to better five star hotels. But all in all the hotel is still recommendable !

Stayed April 2014
Dear Karo94,

Thank you for the ratings and for recommending Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa to other fellow travelers.

I do want to sincerely apologize that our breakfast was not up to your satisfaction. On the other hand I want to show my appreciation for the positive feedback regarding our location and the rooms.

Best regards,

Stirling, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We are just back 'to reality' after spending 4 glorious nights in Le Meridien Hotel in St Julian's Bay in Malta. The staff were very helpful (nothing was too much for them), the rooms were luxurious and the food was scrumptious. Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel if you are looking for a bit of pampering in Malta.

Dear SmudgeandBobbin,

Let me start by thanking you for the positive feedback regarding your latest stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

As correctly commented our members of staff do go out of their way to assist our guests when assistance is needed.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Haz-Zebbug, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Our beautiful island Malta has lots of hotels, but when it comes for me to book a weekend break 0 I always choose Le Meridien, Hotel & Spa in St Julians and I have many reasons for my choice. Firstly - the hotel has top service in everything - when it comes to staff friendliness, cleanliness, quality of food, room service and also the location of the hotel. The hotel is situated just opposite Balluta Bay - and all you need to do is cross the road and you can enjoy a long walk along the promenade - either to Sliema shopping centre or else to the nightlife that Paceville / St Julians offer. I was on B&B - Breakfast was really good, a lot of variety and also very smooth running. Room service food was excellent and value for money. In the evening, I opted for 'Surf & Turf Night', a Saturday evening dinner buffet specialising in everything especially in fish. Executive Head Chef of Le Meridien Mr. Reuben Grixti was extremely helpful and professional in his work and helped me also organise a little surprise for my youngest daughter who turned 1. His cakes and sweets / pastries are amazing - Well Done Chef! I was also impressed by the friendliness of staff and how helpful they were with me and my family.Last but not least, a word for the SPA - it is the perfect place to unwind and the fact that no kids are allowed between 12pm and 6pm makes it an ideal place to relax and find time for yourself. I would definately choose again this hotel for my next weekend break. WELL DONE TO ALL MERIDIEN STAFF!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear CatherineMicallef,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa. I do further thank you for the continuous loyalty towards the Le Méridien brand.

I am delighted to read that our members of staff, in particular Mr. Reuben Grixti who is our executive chef have contributed in making your stay an excellent one.

The entire team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Should you require any assistance for your next stay, feel free to contact me directly by email (available on our official website).

Warmest regards,

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a three night break with friends . Lovely room excellent views over the bay . Staff very helpful . I would recommend having a few drinks in the bar . It has a nice atmosphere and bar staff are very efficient especially Jesmond . Didn't have time to try the pool and spa . Would definitely go back maybe when the weather is a bit warmer to use the rooftop terrace and pool.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jackie29,

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive experience with us and other fellow travelers.

The review has been communicated with the whole team, with a special reference to Mr. Jesmond Camilleri. He is truly an asset to our company and we are very proud to have him as part of our team.

The entire team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa is looking forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Rooms/ check in

Upon arrival I was very impressed with the building. Excellent check in staff on desk, quick, informative and very helpful. I paid for a basic room and it was amazing! So spacious and clean. The rooms are very much up to date and contemporary. I was sharing a twin with my Aunty and we adored the bathroom layout. The toilet is separate which I always think is cleaner. I often won't use hotel bathtubs due to cleanliness but this one was the exception! Big and very clean. The shower was the same. The room was kept Immaculate the whole time we were there. I really liked how you got extra's in the bathroom such as cotton wool buds, cotton balls, nail file, etc. I thought it was a great finishing touch.

Hotel/staff/food

The cleanliness of the hotel was impressive, it’s a big building and it was immaculate - no faulting rooms or anywhere around the hotel. I honestly got a feeling that the staff was genuine in wanting you to have the best stay possible. In particular the two men on the concierge desk were excellent, if you need directions or help getting around the island they are more than happy to help (this help was a comfort travelling with my older aunt). Food in the hotel was impressive. We first dined on the Saturday night and it was surf and turf with free house wine and it was worth every penny. The chef really outdone himself and the service was impressive - didn’t have to wait for a thing. The food section was amazing and the restaurant really did have that five star feeling. The sea food was very good, prawns, mussels, grouper to name a few. I dined another two times at the hotel and again I enjoyed both, but it is worth noting house wine is only free on the Saturday (we nearly made that mistake). The selection of different food was good on every evening.

Spa/gym

Only negative is that the gym was poor. I have to be honest it is the only part of the hotel that lets it down facility wise. Many machines did not work. The spa however was a different story. The spa was very clean and a lady walked around tidying up constantly mopping and refilling the drinking water. The steam room and sauna are a good size and the pool was very relaxing, Overall a very nice spa.
I actually left the hotel early because the spa was made out of use two days into our holiday. Having travelled with my older aunt for relaxation, spa and exercise it really did ruin our holiday. Gilbert the Guest Experience Ambassador was accommodating in trying to compensate us but in the end I wanted to leave for a hotel with a spa as it was the main aim of the holiday for us and I need to keep fit as its part of my job. I can’t deny that in actual fact the spa breaking really did ruin my holiday and my time in Malta. I spent a lot of money on the holiday and it was a disappointment. Having said all of that I still feel it would be unfair to give the hotel anything less than five stars because what happened to me was very unfortunate and maybe could not have been helped. This hotel IS 5 star, has a great location, fabulous rooms and very very good staff with exceptional dining. Even with what happened with my holiday I have still already recommended the hotel to several of my clients as I honestly feel that if I had of been able to have my full weeks stay as planned It would have been one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in. Fortunately I am now trying to plan another trip to Malta in September as it is a beautiful place with lovely people and I want to have the holiday I initially intended. I think it says a lot about the hotel itself that I am able to write such a good review having had a bad experience. It really is a gem of a hotel in Malta with so many positives. I would not hesitate in recommending or staying in this hotel again.

Dear Lindsey E,

Thank you for the detailed and positive review regarding your latest experience at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa.

The comment has been forwarded to the entire team and every single associate was delighted to read such wonderful words about our property.

It was a real pleasure being at your assistance and I look forward to welcome you back amongst us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 34 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,747 reviews

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!