We booked a week long break in the Meridean in St Julians, having read a number of posiive reviews here.
I have to say, we found the hotel to be excellent and fantastic value for money.
The hotel is modern and clean with excellent facilities. The rooftop pool area is very well maintained and the staff were always quick to help in any way possible. The hotel is of a high standard, without comng across as posh or intimidating. We really were able to relax and do what we wanted to and the room we had was perfectly adequate for our needs. We requested a double bed instead of two singles and also a south facing balcony and we got both on arrival.
1) Service in Malta (not just the hotel) is really poor. You will be waiting 10-15mins on avg for a drink in the bar. I am not sure why this seems to be the case EVERYWHERE in Malta, but it is!! Just accept it rather than lose the rag.
2) Mini Bar in room: if you so much as move an item a millimeter, it is charged automatically to your room bill. My partner was using the fridge to keep her make up cold, so we ended up with an enormous bill!! Obv, they sorted it out but be warned.
3) Lifts: As mentioned elsewhere, a little tempremental but not a big deal.
The food in Malta is hit and miss but the best meal we had was in Barracuda across the road from the hotel, which was not only a lovely meal but at €100 for all the trimmings and a bottle of nice wine, great value.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and if I was coming back to Malta i would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Lastminute, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta