They have installed a 'modern' lift device and it's awful, literally every guest I spoke at the hotel commented on it. It's a bit like a pad but it's not user friendly, it's difficult to use and if you happen to press the wrong button whilst trying to decipher it there is no way of cancelling it.
It also causes delays and there are not individual to select individual floors and also there is no lift guide telling which floor the lift is at and displaying if it's on it's way or not.
Whoever came up with this idea clearly did not test it or get feedback from guests, I must have spoken to 30 guests who found it to be a poor idea and not one who thought it was good. At one stage the bottle neck became such a problem that some of us were escorted to the service lift out the back!
In all fairness the staff are lovely and always try to be helpful, the breakfast is okay the omelette station is good.
The rooms only have 2 power points so if you have multiple devices you can't have them all charging up at the same time, as I was on my own that was okay but for 2 people it might be a problem.
I've now stayed at 5 different 5 star hotels in St Julians and Sleima and in my opinion The Palace Hotel is by far the best. If it wasn't for the lift issue at Le Meredian I would come back here but sometimes spending as much as 10 minutes waiting for a lift has put me off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta