“Honeymoon”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I booked our honeymoon at Le Meridian to my husband on his birthday and for wedding surprise, he had a double occasion . We enjoyed the three days very much. All the staff was nice with us throughout our stay. I recommend it cos it worth the price. We were in heaven. Thanks once again for let us experience our stay 5 star and 100% excellent service. Not to mention the large selection of food you have both in breakfast and dinner. Super fantastic

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Domenica S
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Domenica S,

Congratulations on being married, and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay. You planned it all well out… inclusive the birthday surprise for your husband.

Thank you so much for your kind comments, which we happily share,

Best regards from Malta,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I only dropped in twice, once for breakfast and another for drinks, both of the times I was served by cheerful & courteous staff. On both occasions we were served by Shaun Linwood who was particularly attentive and polite.

The view from the bar is stunning and I will surely return on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Marianne D,

It is nice to see you drop by for breakfast and evening drinks. We all, and I am sure in particular Shaun, are very much delighted about your kind comments about the restaurant and bar services.

Please do visit us soon again,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Visited over the weekend (3 nights). Checked in late Thursday evening and greeted by a very nice young lady. Given our room key card and directed to the lifts. Our room was fantastic to be fair it was more like a suite. I did notice we were in a SPG room which was a pleasant upgrade considering SPG is a loyalty scheme - even got some complimentary chilled water on the afternoon.

Great views of the bay, room was clean as were toilet/bathroom. Roof terrace pool was lovely - other half spent ages taking photos of the views. Did order a bottle of prosecco but given plastic glasses - fair enough, it happens.

Breakfast was vast and what we had was nice. You can even get prosecco for breakfast without being judged haha

We were over in Malta to finalise details for our wedding. The staff were great as I had trials and other suppliers meeting us so a lot of calls to our room and it was a lovely place to have little meetings.

Would certainly stay again and recommend to people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear emmz82,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is indeed encouraging to read, besides the service, the overall impression of the hotel was a positive one.

I do hope that the preparations for the wedding are progressing well… hopefully we will soon be welcoming you back either for the wedding or just for a short holiday break in the sun.

With best regards St Julians,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I just came back from Malta and can safely say this is the most dreadful hotel which is definitely not a five star, it is a 3 star if that. The service was dreadful, the hotel dated and dreary. A smell of damp pervaded everywhere, worst of all the pool was filthy, considering this was the beginning of the season, it was unacceptable. The buffet breakfast was awful, lot of food but not fresh. I would avoid this hotel at all costs no matter what. Other guests complained to us at the pool as the pool bar remained closed during the day and when guests went to the bar in the hotel in exasperation, they were told off. One of the 4 lifts did not work, despite our getting stuck in it, yet the front office staff insisted it was working. This hotel does not know the meaning of customer service, it is a disgrace and the Le Meridien group need to ditch this hotel as part of its chain!

Room Tip: Pillows in the rooms extraordinarily small and uncomfortable. Damp smell in the corridors of the hot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank EMS1510
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear EMS1510,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

I am disappointed that neither the property’s ambience nor the décor were not up to your liking. Your comments on the cleanliness levels, food quality and service approach are noted and we have started already making improvements / changes.

We had kept our roof top pool bar closed, due to the high winds which we are currently experiencing. However I agree with you, once guests are relaxing at the roof top pool we should have at least provided appropriate service.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have only ever written. One review before but in this case I felt I am obligated to voice my concerns so others may not be fooled by the nice looking photographs you will be shown in order to encourage you stay in this poor hotel.

My family and I arrived late on a Sunday evening to stay here and we stayed until the following Sunday. Firstly, in the room between tiles the grout was dirty, brown coloured, the ice bucket and cups were also not cleaned properly. The room service didn't seem to understand me when explained it to her which led me to think she could not speak English. In addition in the brochure it stated, Wi- Fi for guest at no extra cost but when I asked why it didn't work reception informed me I had leave a deposit of 180 euro and then I may use it. In this day and age as a guest of a five star hotel paying a lot to stay, this was ridiculous! In addition, the indoor pool was off limits to children under 16 years until 6 pm which this was not stated in the brochure, also ridiculous. At the top floor outdoor pool, when I requested a drink for my myself and my partner we were served with plastic disposable glasses. I was disappointed as I didn't realise I had returned to play school and had to be treated like a toddler using plastic glasses, plates and cutlery. The evening meal was also very poor as it was a carvery which looked like a slap dash barbeque. Even when my family and I went to grab a quick coffee in the bar nobody even bothered to serve us. Staff talked amongst themselves and I repeatedly had to go looking for them for service and at that the cups were filthy dirty and the order was wrong. Reception did not listen at checkout as they kept trying to persuade me to pay my bill in a way that suited them and not me. And finally the spa I would recommend but five minutes into my treatment I did not want to be continously asked to book another treatment again and again. Finally, if you have children this hotel us not for you as the quite blatantly disregard children and actually one staff member walked into my child, knocked him over and continued on without even saying sorry. And most staff continue to say please watch your child and don't let them disturb other guest before the child has even said a word. Totally and utterly rude. Bad hotel!!! Stay away!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank niamh501

Dear niamh501,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is disappointing to learn that we have not met your expectations throughout your stay.

It is disappointing to learn that a team member accidentally collided with your child and then did not display the much needed sympathy to your child. Kindly accept my apologies for that encounter.

The indoor pool is restricted for children between 12.00 – 18.00 hrs. However whether this is sensible, especially during times when the roof top pool cannot be used needs to be re-evaluated.

I agree with you on the comments about the roof deck pool and the way we serve our food and beverage offerings; and we are currently sourcing more appropriate means to serve these.

The hotel does indeed offer complimentary WIFI therefore a deposit is not needed. Therefore I am surprised, that we failed to explain the various Internet / WIFI options available.

Your comments about the room cleanliness are noted; I regret that your attempts in sharing your observations with our room attendant were not successful.

I assure you, that all your points highlighted will be addressed appropriately, therefore we all hope that you would choose Le Méridien St Julilans again, which then would allow us to restore your faith in our services.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel the staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I went there with my daughter she booked it as a treat for me. You must get a room with a sea view. I have difficult in walking and we were able to hire a wheel chair at the reception. Are first night their we had room service, it was excellent. The breakfast well what can I say, you are spoilt for choice.( And if there isn't anything you want you must be a really picky eater). The transport links are very good so it's easy to get around the island. The local restaurants are friendly and the food superb. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julie M
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Julie M,

Thank you for your feedback and we also would like to thank your daughter for providing us with such a nice surprise.

It’s great to learn, that the team was assisting you wherever they could. Glad that you enjoyed our food offerings in the room and the restaurants.

Maybe the next time even your daughter will come along… For sure we all look forward to welcoming you back again,

With best regards from the island,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were greatly impressed by this top Hotel in St Julians Bay .Le Meridean is a quality 5 star Hotel with great staff, who are happy to help and are trained well to the standard of other 5 star quality Hotels we have stayed at in Paris, London, Barcelona and elsewhere. Unlike some other reviewers , we have stayed all over the World and can set this hotel against a large comparison from Boutique Hotels in exclusive locations to top named Hotels from larger groups. Please look at the images and judge for yourselves. The food is superb. The service is excellent and the sea views will make you never want to leave. This Hotel is set back from the road within it`s own grounds with a villa restaurant and cocktail bar sat further forward and a great way to unwind watching the boats go by in an evening.. Location is fantastic with a short walk to Sliema or across to Valletta a short taxi or bus ride if you prefer. Extensive food and wine list and great outdoor terrace bar and dining areas. Have a look at their webcam also for location. Highly recommended. We will visit again this year. Paul and Elaine Davies.

Room Tip: Choose a High floor and pay for the sea view, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulDavieshistorian

Dear Paul and Elaine,

Thank you very much for your great review. It is indeed a delight to learn, that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. I also must say, your pictures of the views and the hotel are nice.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With best regards from the island,

#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Juliani
Hotel Juliani
#2 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!