“Fantastic Hotel!”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at Le Meridian end of July/beginning of August 2014 for 1 week. I had booked a double sea view room on a bed and breakfast basis through last minute.com, on arrival at check in we were offered cold face towels which was very welcoming as it was very hot, checking in was a smooth & efficient process by a nice friendly polish lady. On arrival at our room, we realised it was an SPG room (we are not members) which came as a nice surprise. We had a bedroom, living room, bathroom with separate toilet and two balconies, very impressed as we were not expecting this. We also received a daily bottle of water due to being in a SPG room which is a nice idea. The room had the most beautiful views over Balluta Bay, this helped by being on the 10th floor. The cleaner came on a daily basis and the room was cleaned to a very good standard, everything we had used was replaced.

We had breakfast everyday and was not disappointed, you can pick anything from a very wide selection, majority of the staff were friendly & helpful although some didn't come over to us ask what hot drink we required and it was quite hard to get their attention to come over to you. I would recommend to pay for breakfast when booking the deal through your operator as it seems cheaper doing it that way.

We spent a lot of time around the pool area during the day, the pool is on the small side and is the same depth all over, it can get quite crowded in the pool particularly in the afternoon, we found the weekend (Sat/Sun) around the pool area was extremely busy which was probably due to weekenders and one of those days we were unable to get a sun lounger. Although other days we would venture up to the rooftop at about 10am and would have no problem finding a spot. We also ate several times at the pool bar/grill, Sunday was a nice surprise where you could have a salad buffet included in the price of the meal and pick a main meal that is cooked on the BBQ. The normal everyday menu does not have a wide selection to pick from but you wouldn't have a problem finding something. There were two private functions on the roof top terrace whilst we were there and you had to vacate the pool area at 4pm which didn't bother us as that was our siesta time, but I can see it bothersome when you have paid for a facility and you can't use it.

Most evenings before we went out for your dinner we would pop into the bar area by reception and go and sit outside on the terrace for a drink, this coincided with their happy hour which started off as half price drinks but then changed to by one get one free, I evened noticed that this included bottles of wine, which is a really good deal, they also give you complimentary crisps and nuts. Service could sometimes be a bit slow but you could see this was because they were very busy, Deborah and Jesmond are complete assets to the bar terrace area and always made sure we were happy and had want we wanted, they made time to come and have a chat with us now and again too. We ate once in the bar terrace restaurant and the food was delicious, we were the only ones there that night and in a way felt a bit special!

We also ate once in The Villa which is connected to the hotel, maybe a little on the pricey side but well worth it, again the food is delicious and I had the best desert I have ever tasted! It was based on an After Eight and I really have tasted anything like it!

We used the spa the day we couldn't get a sun lounger which is nice, although they have a whisper policy there were groups of people in the pool talking and others waiting for treatments so it wasn't as tranquil as I expected, I only used the pool and the hot tub (climbing into it appeared to be a bit rickety) and once again the pool was the same depth throughout. They often have some of the staff walking round the pool area offering discounted treatments or advertising cancelled appointments which is a good idea, they are not intrusive, if you reading or dozing they will walk on and leave you to it.

We thought the lift system was a really good idea, and didn't have to wait long for one, apart from one day when we think a child had requested it to stop at all floors before they had entered the lift.

Overall this hotel is lovely, all the staff are friendly and helpful and we would not hesitate to stay there again if we were to return to St Julians!

Room Tip: Book a sea view double room on one of the higher floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alichelseagirl

Reviewed 17 August 2014

What an amazing hotel. Staff are first class. Facilities are beautiful and overall experience second to none.

Lovely reception area with plenty of seats to relax and have a bite to eat or a few drinks. Even though the hotel was fully booked, we didn't feel that it was overcrowded, even around the 12th floor pool.

Special mention to Gabriel on reception and concierge Innocent. We only booked the room online at 10pm previous evening and as we arrived on a Saturday morning, the didn't have our booking on their system. It was no problem for Gabe. He accepted my email conformation and Innocent looked after us while the room was prepared.

The hotel is perfectly located with lots of nearby restaurants and just off the lovely St Julien's promenade.

On site, you have a small but more than adequate swimming pool on the 12th floor, with a rooftop cafe/bar and poolside service. The Spa on floor 2 is a wonderful experience and I highly recommend and Ayurevedic treatment with Thomas or a massage with Violetta or Sandra. Blissful.

Ground floor there is a hairdresser, should you need it, and an interesting jewellery shop.

Overall a wonderful experience and we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Classic (I.e. cheaper) rooms are on the lower floors and don't have a very good view. The more...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello Annette C and thank you for your great review. Your compliments to the team will be forwarded of course and are greatly appreciated. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Ursula

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We really enjoyed our week at Le Meridien overall and I would definitely recommend it to others. I have tried to cover all aspects of the hotel that prospective guests might want to know about and I hope it helps you with your decision.

The room/pool
We stayed in an executive room with sea view (price was great on Expedia) and the room was fantastic. We definitely felt like it was a luxury room with all the space, modern furniture and amenities (full tea/coffee making facilities, iron, hair drier, fridge, ipod dock). The bathroom had a separate bath and shower, very flattering lighting (always helpful) and lots of little freebies. The whole room also had great air conditioning, which was essential with a daily temperature of at least 35 degrees, and massive balcony with beautiful views across the bay. As well as relaxing with a drink and enjoying the azure blues of both sea and sky, the balcony was also very useful for drying swimwear and towels quickly. This was a godsend with the amount of swimming we did. What also helped was the complimentary bottles of water in the room and an ice machine just next to the lifts. We generally had little siestas on most afternoons to cool off and recover from the heat/rest after our outings and we really felt like we had a little oasis of calm to retreat to. So overall we really loved our room.

The one downside, however, was the noise we experienced on some of nights. Most nights were quiet and we slept well but there were occasions when it wasn't so relaxing. On the first night we heard what sounded like furniture being moved around at around midnight and we worked out it was the the bar on the roof terrace rearranging tables only at the end of the work when we happened to be there when staff were setting up for a BBQ night. If we had known the source at the time we'd have reported it and I'm sure they would have stopped. Then on the Saturday the bar below the hotel (Glow Bar) was blasting loud music and unfortunately we were disturbed by this; even with earplugs in the bass was intrusive. I want to stress that this was not the hotel's fault but just want people to be aware of it as I know how upsetting it can be if you are a light sleeper and just want to relax! On another occasion we were disturbed by some very loud guests below us. We phoned down and the duty manager spoke to them and then double checked with us that the noise had ceased, which it had. We were even given a complimentary bowl of fruit and an apology card from the duty manager that next day which we were very impressed with and it really made us feel like our concerns had been taken seriously. This is testament to the efforts the staff put into making sure guests get a good experience. When there was something the hotel could do, they did it. These couple of nights of noise are the only reason I didn't give an overall rating of 5 stars, as in every other way the hotel was excellent, but it did affect us so I feel it's only fair to include in this review. Maybe a room at the back of the hotel would help, though the view would have to be sacrificed so it depends on your preferences.

Staff
All the staff that we encountered at the reception desk, bar and restaurants were friendly on every occasion. The reception desk dealt with all our questions, even the slightly odd ones (such as, 'Is the key card for our room waterproof?' ... which it was), and right up to the last moments were very helpful and accommodating. For example: we checked out at midday but weren't flying out until the evening but our luggage was looked after and we were still allowed access to the pools which was a great help to us. The bar and restaurant staff were also friendly and attentive.

Eating, Drinking and Pool
The hotel has several restaurants and of those we ate at KuDeTa and the Villa Brasserie. KuDeTa had affordable, tasty food (see their website for the menu). The pizzas were absolutely massive so I would advise sharing. We also had breakfast here in a couple of occasions and again it was affordable and tasty. The real highlight of this KuDeTa, however, were the delicious cocktails. We did not have a massive budget and aren't generally swanky cocktail drinkers but the happy hour 6:30 -8:00 made it affordably. Our favourites were the Valencia and Lily of the Sun. The complimentary nuts and nibbles also helped make drinking in the bar a really lovely experience. The Villa Brasserie is a terrace bar with great views of the bay and a more upmarket menu. We both had pasta dishes which were delicious. We only stayed at the hotel for dinner on two nights but it was great to have such a range of choice so close to hand.

The hotel has two pools but we only made it to the one on the roof terrace which, although small and not really suitable for exercise, was a relaxing space to have a refresing dip or sunbathe. It was very busy, but we got loungers straightaway on both visits so it's definitely worth a try.They provide towels too and there is a bar if you need drinks and/or snacks.

Location
In terms of getting around, we bought a 7-day bus ticket and managed to get to Valletta, Mdina and Golden Bay from the bus stop just outside the hotel. I would recommend downloading the Visit Malta app (if you have an iPhone) as this helps with bus routes. The journey to Golden Bay took about an hour and the bus was rammed but if you plan for a bit of a long ride, it is worth doing and so cheap its impossible to really moan. We also booked a couple of excursions with Malta Sightseeing. They have a little office on the ground floor of the hotel, which is handy, but we got a better deal for our powerboat trip to Comino's Blue Lagoon from a rep we met round the corner from the hotel so shop around a bit.

The bay itself was fantastic for restaurants to suit all food preferences and budgets. There was very authentic Maltese cuisine 15 minutes walk away at Gululu and affordable seafood with a great view at Piccolo Padre, our favourite venue of the week and only 3 minutes away from the hotel. If you don't want to bus it to the sea, you can always swim in the bay. There were people swimming there during all daylight hours.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, definitely go for an executive room with sea view. We were on the tenth flo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LilChops
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hello LilChops, and thank you for the detailed review. It’s nice to read that besides the destination, you very much enjoyed the hotel and its services offered. Apologies for the noise disturbances during the night. Please come back soon. Best regards, Ursula.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Having stayed in the Hilton last year, this hotel is certainly not 5 star.
My room was amazing; comfortable bed; very clean; very spacious and a beautiful sea view. Although my room was facing the main high street / sea front, and was very noisy at night, as soon as you closed your balcony door, all noise was blocked out. Brilliant.
I liked the fact that not only was the tea / coffee complimentary on a daily basis, but they also gave you a large bottle of mineral water as part of your room facilities.
Room service meals were not only REALLY TASTY (I recommend everyone has the steak and gnocchi) I was really surprised at how cheap it was priced. NO SERVICE CHARGE - FANTASTIC.
All meals were served with a complimentary large bottle of water; which was a nice gesture, especially in the hot climate. Very impressed. So impressed with the food, I was happy to dine in my room every night. Amazing view, good food.
The Concierge Mario Bugeja is a real asset to this hotel, and I would not be surprised if he gets snapped up soon by the Hilton hotel.
Mario was very helpful, nothing was too much trouble for him. All his recommendations saved me so much money. Upon my arrival Mario booked me into the famous Blue Elephant Chinese Restaurant in the Hilton for my birthday and made sure they were going to make a fuss of me. Everything he did, he did with empathy, and not because that was his job, or he was after a tip, but because he is a good man.
Sadly on my last night I fell ill with sun stroke, and Mario was so helpful, in the dos and don'ts, and made sure I was OK and that he was at the end of the phone all night.
My grumbles :
1: I had been travelling since 4 am, so when I arrived at the hotel at 11 am, I was very disappointed in the fact that my room would not be available to me until 3 pm + !!!! Apparently this is the norm, and is clearly stated on their website....which I was not aware of.
What would have been nice, is a complimentary drink upon arrival, and complimentary light snack, as a thank you for your patience, we will get a room ready for you as soon as possible. NOTHING! I though that was quite rude really.
2: The roof top swimming pool was pathetic really. A basic small pool, with hundreds of guests trying to cram themselves around it. If you wanted a sun bed, you would need to stake your claim at 06:30 am. You think, a hotel chain of this size and priding themselves on having 5* facilities, would actually have an outdoor pool to match the high profile status. The swimming pool should only be a 2.5*and that is being generous.
3: Twice I dined at the grill pool bar/restaurant. The food was really really awful. You are better off going downstairs to the main restaurant or even room service. Same prices. Maybe others would disagree with me. If you don't mind undercooked food, and can handle indigestion, then go for it..
4: It was my birthday, and the money I spent there, they did not even leave me a cake or complimentary drink :-( small gestures go a long way.
Would I stay there again, YES.

Room Tip: Sea View unless you don't mind looking at buildings
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank linda r

Hello Linda R, and thank you for your review. Belated happy birthday wishes from me and the team. I apologize that we did not note your birthday. It is disappointing that we failed to impress upon your arrival and made you wait that long for your room. Please rest assured, that this and all your other suggestions for improvement will be followed up appropriately. Lastly, it’s nice to read that at least Mario did make a lasting impression during your stay. We would very much appreciate having the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future, Best Regards, Ursula

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our room was large with a great view! Everything was clean and spacious. Most of the staff were very helpful (Shawn and Rachel) and even helped us in ordering food past the room service hours. The biggest downside I had with this hotel was the WIFI. If you wanted fast WIFI, you had to pay for it. The slow WIFI was free. Since it was our anniversary, they put a cake and champagne in our room. That was a lovely surprise and we loved it!

Room Tip: get a room facing the water.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shanisha B, thank you for your kind comments and congratulations on the special occasion. It’s nice to read that both, Rachel and Shawn, made such a good impression to you throughout your stay. I regret that you were not satisfied with the provision of WIFI, which is in all public area free of charge for our hotel guests. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Ursula

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just spent a week at Le Meridien, St Julian's. We were, on the whole, very pleased indeed with our choice. But there were a number of - relatively minor - negatives that repeatedly cropped up during our stay.

MAJOR PROS:

It's the perfect location for a holiday in Malta. Our (organized, coach) day trips to Gozo, Marsaxlokk and Valletta were largely painless. Le Meridien is close enough to any of these to ensure that those with mild travel sickness issues (such as ourselves!) don't have to endure endless hours of nausea on the roads!

It's the perfect location to enjoy evening/pre-/post-dinner strolls along the waterfront. Despite my having (temporary) mobility issues during our holiday, there were enough decent restaurants within a 20-minute walking distance to satisfy our dining-out needs. We were rather taken with the Indian/Arabic Shakinah restaurant which is a short stroll along from Le Meridien. The waitresses were lovely and friendly (as were almost all the Maltese that we encountered!) and the two Indian meals we had there were very appetizing (if slightly limited in choice for vegetarians such as ourselves.) We also enjoyed a couple of meals slightly further along (but still easily reachable for us) at Wagamama's and at the huge Mediterranean restaurant (whose name I forget) on the dock near to Wagamama's.

The vast majority of the staff at Le Meridien were, at least, civil. It has to be said that the reception staff were a mixed bag. None of them was rude. But not all of them were overly friendly either. And one or two were very helpful and friendly indeed. The pick of the staff, for us, was the tall, young Maltese chap who looked after us very well at the all-day restaurant next to reception and took the time to have a long, friendly chat about Malta and its sights and its culture during breakfast one day. He was also very accommodating when we asked him to substitute certain items on the breakfast menu. He was absolutely exemplary and made us feel very welcome. NB We were on a room-only option for our stay, but that actually worked out fine for us. We were offered breakfast at the discounted (!) rate of 15 Euros per person per day, but that seemed extortionate considering that we were able to eat a humongous (and very decent quality, freshly made) breakfast a la carte for three of us for around 20 Euros. Also, there was a very friendly Serbian maintenance/cleaning guy who I saw a few times in the spa area.

The main restaurant at the hotel (next to the reception and spilling out onto the terrace) was also very reasonable for an in-hotel establishment. The ambience was lovely on the couple of evenings we ate there and the vegetarian choices were mostly of a decent quality. And the service was exceptionally friendly. (Mind you, we found that that is the norm in Malta. We haven't felt more welcomed by so many people in any other holiday anywhere!) On our first meal at the restaurant when we had just arrived after a long and tiring journey and when our tummies were rather rumbly, we were a bit exasperated by the length of time it took for our lunch to arrive (around 40mins.) But we soon got used to the fact that almost all the eateries we went to took their sweet time preparing our meals. And we began to appreciate the fact that they were undoubtedly cooked from scratch and didn't involve microwaves or ready-made sauces or defrosted ingredients! You will have to wait for your food in Malta. But if you just relax about it and factor that in to each meal, it will stop being an issue.

The spa area is lovely, as are the two main employees there - a young, smiley, Maltese (I think) woman and a young, smiley, Indian chap. They were both very welcoming and helpful and attentive without being intrusive. We didn't take advantage of any of the (somewhat pricey? I wouldn't know!) spa treatments on offer (lots of Ayurveda and massages and a panoply of procedures for those that way inclined.) But we took full advantage of the free steam room and sauna and (indoor) pool. Owing to the foot pain I was experiencing, my first full day was spent relaxing in this spa area. I divided my time between the steam, the sauna and the pool and also spent some time reading and snoozing on a deckchair adjacent to the pool. It is a lovely environment, on the whole and I had a thoroughly relaxing and recuperative time there. A minor quibble is that both the external Jacuzzi and the in-pool one were rather lacklustre and not at all therapeutic for sore muscles. But a welcome (and sensible) policy of theirs is that children are only allowed between 6am and 10am (or was it 12pm?!) and then between 6pm and 10pm. That meant that for the big chunk of the day in the middle, the spa area wasn't echoing to overexcited screams and you won't be at risk of dive-bombing and inconsiderate splashery! I also hit the gym one day before breakfast and while it is a little compact and might be a bit of a tight squeeze if it's packed, it has most of the equipment - free weights and machines - that you'd need. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it is the best-equipped hotel gym that I've ever tried. Not as comprehensive as my local gym at home, but not bad at all.

The room was a decent size and the balcony was too. But the piece de resistance was definitely the view from our 11th-floor balcony. A sweeping panorama out to sea/the horizon and a fascinating, characterful view of the very pretty Balluta Bay which incorporates a handful of boats, a few swimmers, the promenade much-used by walkers and joggers, a swimming pool largely reserved for water polo matches and training, a grand, baroque (?) Carmelite church and the rather erratic Maltese traffic. (We heard more screeches of tires than we have anywhere in the world in Malta! And in terms of blaring of horns, it is second only to India!)

The Supreme Travel/Hello Malta travel agent on Floor 0 was excellent. The lovely, Mancunian lass who worked there - Michaela - was very helpful in helping us plan out our excursions and giving us tips. Having said that, while I would thoroughly recommend the Gozo excursion (especially if the wonderful 'Crazy' Anna is your guide!) the trips to Valletta, Mosta and Mdina and the trip to the Blue Grotto and the Sunday market at Marsaxlokk were a little underwhelming. I'd suggest you pre-pay E-Cabs (the most reliable and honest taxi service in St Julian's) to take you to these places on your own where you will have the luxury to explore at leisure instead of being given inadequate amounts of time to explore in each of these places. Personally, I would have liked a lot more time in the gorgeous, Mediaeval city of Mdina and in the capital, Valletta.

Minor Pros:

Ice-making machine next to the lifts on our floor (11th.)

No noise whatsoever from our adjacent room/the floor below.

The beds were very comfortable.

There was no extra charge for room service (unless you were already staying as part of a bed-and-breakfast deal) and our food was delivered nice and hot.

MAJOR CONS:

Half way through our stay, on the Saturday night, there was a wedding reception being held at the hotel, which ensured that we were treated to several, loud lullabies from what sounded like a live band on the rooftop terrace adjacent to our room. The music went on till at least midnight (it may have been later, but we'd dropped off by then.) Certainly, for very light sleepers, this would have been a major issue.

The biggest - and potentially catastrophic! - issue was that sometime that Saturday night (according to one of the maintenance guys I spoke to) some joker decided to fiddle around with a major water pipe on the fifth floor. The result of this was that the entire hotel from the fifth floor down to the reception was flooded! On the 11th floor, obviously, we weren't directly affected by the flood. Except, of course, for the fact that the lifts weren't working and we were forced to walk down 11 flights of stairs to exit the hotel for our excursion that day! (If the water had got into the lifts' electrics while people were using them, they might have had a very unpleasant - if not positively hazardous - experience! Being liftless was more an inconvenience for me (with my dodgy foot) than a disaster. But any disabled guests or less mobile guests on the upper floors would have struggled that day. I spoke to an Irish family staying on the fifth floor and they told me that although the water hadn't penetrated through to their room, the corridor outside their room was absolutely sodden. And water was dripping through the ceiling of the reception in several areas that morning.

Obviously I can't totally blame the hotel for the flood. Idiots use hotels too and the individual responsible for it has to carry most of the blame for this major disruption. But it's a little disturbing that it was relatively easy for an act of sabotage like this to be carried out! I do wonder about security and the ease of access to a water pipe that could lead to such a momentous flood! On the plus side - and in spite of my fears that we would have to be evacuated and/or moved to another hotel for the rest of our stay - Le Meridien has to be praised for its response to the crisis. They must have been working flat out to salvage the situation and by the time we returned to the hotel after our excursion (in the early afternoon) everything was back to normal. The lifts were working, the buckets had disappeared from the reception and the restaurants were up and running as normal. (They might well have been operational during the height of the flood - I don't know.) I doubt that a less well-resourced establishment could have coped with such an event in such a cool-headed and efficient way.

Our room, in spite of its generous size, was a little worn at the edges. Some staining on the walls. There seemed to be a permanent (very minor) leak at the back of the toilet (not from the toilet itself, probably from the cistern thankfully!) The toilet was housed in a separate, tiny room near the entrance of the room. The bath, basin and shower were in a separate room. This was a little annoying for hand-washing purposes, but no great problem. The bathroom was a little poorly designed. Every time anyone had a shower, we'd end up with a pretty wet floor. I think this was mostly to do with the out-swinging shower door which would dribble water onto the floor in the immediate aftermath of each shower. Hardly major, but it was a constant annoyance.

Housekeeping was a little erratic. Our room was adequately cleaned, certainly. But we had to repeatedly ask for more shower gel or more shampoo or more conditioner. And on the one or two occasions when we forgot to throw away any spent bottles of the stuff, we found that they had simply been left there in the shower. This suggests that the shower itself wasn't cleaned every day. Also, the tissue dispenser wasn't always refilled when empty. Also, the bath/shower combo (separate from the dedicated shower itself) lacked any kind of screen or curtain. This wasn't much of a problem for us, as we barely used the tub, but anyone wanting to might well end up with a more watery bathroom floor than even we did!

MINOR CONS:

The complimentary weighing machine (for luggage) next to the lifts in reception was out of order the night before our departure and there was no kind of alternative.

A few times, there was a bit of a queue at reception.

Check-in time is ridiculously late at 3pm. We arrived at around noon and had to faff around the lobby and restaurant and spa areas until our room was ready. It wasn't a major inconvenience, but not really something one would expect from a supposed 5-star hotel.

Wi-Fi was only free in the lobby area. Not in the adjacent restaurant. Not in the spa. Not in our room. For us, that wasn't a massive deal as we're not as addicted to internettery as most. But if you are a Net-slave, be prepared to pay for it in your room.

We were not allowed to use the fridge in our room to keep our own drinks/food cold. We managed without. But as breakfast was not part of our deal, it would have been much more convenient for us if - as has been the case in several hotels in the past - we could have used it.

FINAL VERDICT:

Overall, you have to understand that you will not have a truly luxurious, 5-star experience at Le Meridien. You will have a decent 4-star experience. There are plenty of positives going for it which you should consider carefully before deciding which hotel to stay at. We were also considering the Grand Excelsior in Valletta and the Dolmen Spa in Qawra. But having seen their (rather isolated) locations first-hand and even though the Excelsior (and, for that matter, the Radisson Blu and Corinthia Spa) looks much more luxurious, I still think I'd stay at Le Meridien because of its unparalleled location and the unbeatable views we had and the easy accessibility of entertainments and eateries in the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Starwood Preferred Guest Bedrooms (ie, those overlooking the bay) are well worth splashing out on. W...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chinhealer, thank you very much for your comprehensive review. It clearly shows that you had a nice time in Malta and you managed to see a lot. It is appreciated, that selected team members made the difference to your stay and you therefore have fond memories about the hotel. I apologize for the lack of attention in selected areas of the hotel, which also includes the replenishment of the bathroom amenities after use.
The water flooding during your stay was unexpected. Unfortunately you have been misinformed by our engineer who did not describe the situation accurately. Please rest assured that all systems of the hotel are appropriately protected. This flood impacted our lift services for less than two hours, and I deeply regret that you had to walk all the way down from the 11th floor.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best regards, Ursula

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I would just like to thank all the hotel staff for a truly enjoyable stay once again. The hotel is immaculate and the rooms are very spacious. The staff are all very welcoming and helpful; I would like to thank Antonella Briffa (Reservations Agent) in particular who assisted us in upgrading our room from a standard to a sea view room, which was perfect in all ways.

Thank you once again to all the staff, we will see you again soon.

Room Tip: Definitely sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Carol S, thank you for your review. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that especially Antonella has made a difference to your stay. We all look forward to having you back with us in the near future. Best regards, Ursula.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Juliani
Hotel Juliani
#2 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!