We stayed at Le Meridian end of July/beginning of August 2014 for 1 week. I had booked a double sea view room on a bed and breakfast basis through last minute.com, on arrival at check in we were offered cold face towels which was very welcoming as it was very hot, checking in was a smooth & efficient process by a nice friendly polish lady. On arrival at our room, we realised it was an SPG room (we are not members) which came as a nice surprise. We had a bedroom, living room, bathroom with separate toilet and two balconies, very impressed as we were not expecting this. We also received a daily bottle of water due to being in a SPG room which is a nice idea. The room had the most beautiful views over Balluta Bay, this helped by being on the 10th floor. The cleaner came on a daily basis and the room was cleaned to a very good standard, everything we had used was replaced.
We had breakfast everyday and was not disappointed, you can pick anything from a very wide selection, majority of the staff were friendly & helpful although some didn't come over to us ask what hot drink we required and it was quite hard to get their attention to come over to you. I would recommend to pay for breakfast when booking the deal through your operator as it seems cheaper doing it that way.
We spent a lot of time around the pool area during the day, the pool is on the small side and is the same depth all over, it can get quite crowded in the pool particularly in the afternoon, we found the weekend (Sat/Sun) around the pool area was extremely busy which was probably due to weekenders and one of those days we were unable to get a sun lounger. Although other days we would venture up to the rooftop at about 10am and would have no problem finding a spot. We also ate several times at the pool bar/grill, Sunday was a nice surprise where you could have a salad buffet included in the price of the meal and pick a main meal that is cooked on the BBQ. The normal everyday menu does not have a wide selection to pick from but you wouldn't have a problem finding something. There were two private functions on the roof top terrace whilst we were there and you had to vacate the pool area at 4pm which didn't bother us as that was our siesta time, but I can see it bothersome when you have paid for a facility and you can't use it.
Most evenings before we went out for your dinner we would pop into the bar area by reception and go and sit outside on the terrace for a drink, this coincided with their happy hour which started off as half price drinks but then changed to by one get one free, I evened noticed that this included bottles of wine, which is a really good deal, they also give you complimentary crisps and nuts. Service could sometimes be a bit slow but you could see this was because they were very busy, Deborah and Jesmond are complete assets to the bar terrace area and always made sure we were happy and had want we wanted, they made time to come and have a chat with us now and again too. We ate once in the bar terrace restaurant and the food was delicious, we were the only ones there that night and in a way felt a bit special!
We also ate once in The Villa which is connected to the hotel, maybe a little on the pricey side but well worth it, again the food is delicious and I had the best desert I have ever tasted! It was based on an After Eight and I really have tasted anything like it!
We used the spa the day we couldn't get a sun lounger which is nice, although they have a whisper policy there were groups of people in the pool talking and others waiting for treatments so it wasn't as tranquil as I expected, I only used the pool and the hot tub (climbing into it appeared to be a bit rickety) and once again the pool was the same depth throughout. They often have some of the staff walking round the pool area offering discounted treatments or advertising cancelled appointments which is a good idea, they are not intrusive, if you reading or dozing they will walk on and leave you to it.
We thought the lift system was a really good idea, and didn't have to wait long for one, apart from one day when we think a child had requested it to stop at all floors before they had entered the lift.
Overall this hotel is lovely, all the staff are friendly and helpful and we would not hesitate to stay there again if we were to return to St Julians!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta