This is my FIRST HOTEL REVIEW and but I feel I was let down greatly by this hotel. Even deeply saddened that it's a hotel in my own country that offers such poor service.
My colleagues and I stay at this hotel regularly due to our business travels. We also travel around the globe and stay in hotels on all 5 continents every week and we also work in the Hospitality industry dealing with an even greater audience of clients from all over. However unfortunately in my opinion this hotel is far away from a 5 star hotel. The rooms are quite plain with basic amenities, however not even one free bottle of water is offered as is done in all hotels where drinking tap water is not recommended (I've stayed in 3 star hotels in Asia where they offer 2 complimentary bottles of water on a daily basis to all guests). I also made use of the bar and was quite surprised by the lack of service, where no one was available in the afternoon to take our orders for at least 10 minutes looking around and asking one of the handymen to call someone.
After a morning out I returned to my room in order to prepare for work. As I attempted to iron my shirt, to my shock I found a red stain on my shirt, appearing to originate from the iron. As I lifted the iron to inspect, I found a large piece of red plastic attached to the bottom of the iron that had melted as the iron heated up. I was infuriated however called Service Centre, which also took a long time to respond, however on the 2nd attempt I actually got through. She said she was going to send someone however my shirt had a stain and time was passing. After I called again and 15 mins later someone finally showed up with a new iron. He told us housekeeping must have cleaned it and left something attached to it...NOW that's what I call great cleaning, they left a piece of red plastic attached to the iron and just left it there rather than replacing the iron. Did they think no one would notice? And even if it wasn't them but a previous customer, these things should be part of a basic room check before new customers enter the room. However not only was I running late now , but I heard a knock on my door, and as I open I find housekeeping asking me how much longer I have to get ready, as she had to clean for the next guests coming to the room in 15 minutes. I told her my checkout was not for another 45 minutes, and she looked at me disgruntled. I was SHOCKED! this has never happened to me in the hundreds of hotel stays that I've been at.
The front desk and concierge however are quite helpful as I was told by my colleagues. This is why I gave a 2 point rating rather than one. I have a strong feeling that management might not be aware of the situations or problems that arise within the hotel, as these are really quite sad for a 5 star luxury hotel, in a developed country. I was even in Zimbabwe one week before and was treated better with better room maintenance in a place where tourism is near to zero.
Management I hope this does not fall onto deaf ears. All I hope is that you take notice of these mishaps and improve the service as Malta depends on tourism, in which service should be top notch. If this was once and I was on my own I would not write, however my colleagues also seemed to have problems of their own which I shall not comment as they are not mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Lastminute, Prestigia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta