Excellent Location, lift access directly to the Le meridien shopping arcade which open onto the main road in St Julians
St Julians is an upmarket resort, more expensive than others but very nice. There is a good selection of restaurants and bars and plenty of entertainment
There is also McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc for people who want a more down to earth, taste of home. Not much in the way of Maltese cuisine, mainly italian, chinese, etc.. There is also a large supermarket about 5 min walk from the hotel.
We stayed in early september and found out that the Maltese are crazy about Fireworks,, They were letting them off thoughout the day and night when we were there which was a great spectacle.
Very clean , very modern, high standard of fixtures and fittings in public areas.
Good Restaurant, Bars
Excellent Spa we had a couple of spa treatments and the staff were very professional and skilled.
The indoor pool was also nice
The Gym was fantastic very well equipped and bigger than most Hotel gyms I have been to, the only thing to note is that the Gym is also used as a public gym so not exclusively for Guest use.
Outdoor pool , Main Pool and separate childrens pool, although small had plenty of sunloungers available and was a roof top pool so was nice and quiet.
There were staff on hand to take drinks orders etc..
It was hard to find out detailed information i.e info in room was not detailed enough eg we didn't know that towels were provided in the gym so took our room towels down instead. Could do with a bit more detail.
I need to make special mention of these as they were a complete nightmare I have never seen anything like them!!!
Guests need to add an extra 5 minutes to their journey time, just to navigate the lifts. They operate very randomly and they do not stop on your floor when you call them, they also reset the buttons randomly so we found ourselves continually having to push buttons again. We tried to take the stairs instead but they were only used as fire escape and only lead to the back of the bell hops desk area.
The lifts were probably the biggest source of frustration for all the guests we spoke to.
When we queried this with the staff they shrugged their shoulders and said that the lifts had a mind of their own, which we didn't feel was really acceptable.
We had a superior king room at the back of the hotel overlooking a carpark with a bit of greenery around it, also directly opposite is an apartment complex where residents can probably see into your room if your curtains are open., the room was nice and quiet
Had a look at the deluxe seaview rooms which were also nice and had a nice view, but they were very noisy from the street below. cars, music etc....
Rooms have lovely Modern Decor ( but I wouldn't class it as luxurious, the bathroom tiles were imitation, and the furniture reminded me of modern Ikea type furniture).
Huge rooms and huge bathrooms with a bath and a separate shower cubicle
WC was separate from the bathroom
No Pillow menu, no turndown service.
The minibar was automated and very sensitive, if you even bump a can or bottle it can show on your bill, which you then have to get removed by reception which happened to us.
They do have a surcharge if you want it emptied so you can store your own items , however we found that they don't charge if you ask for only 1 shelf to be emptied which is what we did.
The TV english channels are all mainly news based, CNN, Bloombery, Sky News etc.. there are some other channels in German, Italian and French though.
The movie selection was good 9 recent blockbusters and 5 others, cost on average 8-16 euro per move per 24 hours,
however there was a special deal on at the time, were we paid 25 euros and could access all movies so could watch as many as we liked over a 24 hour period.
Food and Beverage
I felt that the hotel was very let down by this, the breakfast buffet was very average, a lot of fruit was even bordering on rotten which was not what I was expecting from this hotel
There was a lot on the buffet but items were not replenished as regularly as they should be. Pancakes dried out etc.., Hot food was rubbery etc..
Had to go looking for our own coffee, and the tables were not set when we sat down.
Lobby Bar was OK, not much of an atmosphere though.
Room service menu was OK, but I have seen better. The prices were listed but then you had to add another 5.25 EUR room service charge, which was in small print at the bottom of the page.
In all I couldnt' fault the service but I couldn't recommend it either, it was OK, Staff were polite enough but I didn't get the feeling that they cared for their guests as much as other hotels I have stayed in.
An exception to this was the room maid who was very good i.e we were running out of mouthwash which we had brought ourselves she noticed this and left us a bottle of hotel mouthwash without us having to ask for it, which we were impressed with.
Overall I felt this hotel was more suitable for guests, who want to stay in a very nice 4*+ hotel with very modern clean facilities in a great location who wouldn't be expecting the luxury that it intrinsic to 5* hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta