It is round this time of year that we bag ourselves a Thomson last minute bargain and The Meridien was an excellent choice for a weeks b and b, plus flights, transfers, meals on plane etc for £500 for 2. At that price we could afford to upgrade to the Executive floor which included a great sea-view with balcony and complimentary drinks and snacks during the day. Normally this is 35 euros per room per night but they gave us it for 30 euros per night as they had started closing the room up earlier in the evening. We also bartered the late check out down to 40 euros until 7 pm which was a great addition with our late flight home.
Overall, we really did feel that the rating was more 4 star than 5 star as there were a few niggly things that let it down. Our room was comfortable, with great bed and pillows but the lighting was terrible. You could barely see to read your book at night, or even during the day come to that - and there was no proper light on the balcony. The corner shaped bath looked great and was a nice size but it was a bit of a nightmare to get in and out of. No grab rails, and you had to turn round to kneeling and then grab the towel rail. But it was a nice modern bathroom with a good shower. I think a 5 star hotel should also have a bidet. The lighting was also bad for putting on make up and drying your hair, clearly not designed by a woman.
Breakfast was very good, the staff were lovely and friendly, the lounge areas were nice, the location was perfect really. You can get buses just outside the hotel, or if you hire a car for a few days as we did, the car parking under the hotel is safe and complimentary. The best restaurants nearby were Pepperoncino, Piccolo Pedro (?) near The Barracuda (which looked a bit too knobby for us) The Papperazzi which looks great inside but the food doesn't quite match, and for a very reasonable local meal, Tal Kazin just over the bridge at Spinola bay next to Zest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta