My stay was from 29th of March to 5th of April.
My room was a standard double. I was very impressed with the hotel in general, so I'm only highlighting things that could have been better.
Some of these face a carpark and a small farm and attractive buildings beyond. Luckily mine was on the side that had about 40 degrees of a sea view. I was on the 6th floor though on the south face of the hotel which meant the adjacent building blocked more of the sea view and a pretty cathedral view. If I was checking in again to a standard double I would recommend asking for south face and from the 8th floor upwards.
The A/C didn't appear to do anything when we arrived so we asked at reception. They told us that cooling was not yet available (?). I think they meant that the A/C's lower limits were above the current ambient temperature, and mid summer the A/C would indeed cool the room. I have to say this was the biggest let down for me, as I'm from a cold climate and can't sleep in a hot room. Having said that the evenings were cool enough outside, so I left our balcony open for a while before bed and that did cool the room.
There are 2 swimming pools in the hotel photos. One indoor on level 2 by the spa with steam room, sauna, jacuzzi etc. and another on the roof with a small children's pool next to it. The one on the roof was empty until the 3rd of April. This was a little disappointing as it's the only area really for lying out and enjoying the sun. Also worth noting here is that neither pool is of any use for exercise. If you want lane swimming head across the road to the beautiful public pool. It's not heated though, but it was fine for training as once you keep moving the temp is actually a bonus. I don't know when this officially opens, but it had been cleaned in the last week of March according to locals and would open "soon". Locals told me no-one would bother me if I just went in so that's what I did.
The gym is decent, but could do with mirrors in front of the thread mills etc IMO, and again the A/C was a big issue in here. Running on the promenade outside is a better option most of the time.
I've highlighted some negatives here, but all in all I loved this hotel. One positive I'll mention is the price of room service. It's very reasonable ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Lastminute, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta