Le Meridien St. Julians
Hotel Valentina(Saint Julian's)
US$181
US$160
Agoda.com
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
US$172
US$160
Agoda.com
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
US$217
US$211
Allegro Hotel(Saint Julian's)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
2,825 results
All reviewsballuta bayrooftop poolsea viewseparate toiletst juliansspa treatmentsthe executive loungespa areamini barhotel barroom was largeweekend breakvisit maltahalf boardomelettetaroconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Liked very much the hotel, nice rooms and public areas, nice indoor swimming pool, but terrace pool a little bit to small.
Location is good for nightlife but the nearby beach is not good at all.
Didn´t like concierge pushing to a restaurant and disencouraging other good restaurants, but service is not bad.
Can recommend but would look for other hotel for another stay.
Free wi-fi in lobby.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My stay was from 29th of March to 5th of April.

My room was a standard double. I was very impressed with the hotel in general, so I'm only highlighting things that could have been better.

Some of these face a carpark and a small farm and attractive buildings beyond. Luckily mine was on the side that had about 40 degrees of a sea view. I was on the 6th floor though on the south face of the hotel which meant the adjacent building blocked more of the sea view and a pretty cathedral view. If I was checking in again to a standard double I would recommend asking for south face and from the 8th floor upwards.

The A/C didn't appear to do anything when we arrived so we asked at reception. They told us that cooling was not yet available (?). I think they meant that the A/C's lower limits were above the current ambient temperature, and mid summer the A/C would indeed cool the room. I have to say this was the biggest let down for me, as I'm from a cold climate and can't sleep in a hot room. Having said that the evenings were cool enough outside, so I left our balcony open for a while before bed and that did cool the room.

There are 2 swimming pools in the hotel photos. One indoor on level 2 by the spa with steam room, sauna, jacuzzi etc. and another on the roof with a small children's pool next to it. The one on the roof was empty until the 3rd of April. This was a little disappointing as it's the only area really for lying out and enjoying the sun. Also worth noting here is that neither pool is of any use for exercise. If you want lane swimming head across the road to the beautiful public pool. It's not heated though, but it was fine for training as once you keep moving the temp is actually a bonus. I don't know when this officially opens, but it had been cleaned in the last week of March according to locals and would open "soon". Locals told me no-one would bother me if I just went in so that's what I did.

The gym is decent, but could do with mirrors in front of the thread mills etc IMO, and again the A/C was a big issue in here. Running on the promenade outside is a better option most of the time.

I've highlighted some negatives here, but all in all I loved this hotel. One positive I'll mention is the price of room service. It's very reasonable ;-)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I stay at Le Meridian despite a couple of bad reviews I read here on Tripadisor; I have to say that I did not experience nothing of negative; the staff was very friendly, breakfast really satisfying, good variety of food and very clean room up to the standard I was expecting.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
LeMeridienMalta, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Le Meridien St Julians and hope to welcome you amongst us again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Angela Saliba
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2010

This hotel has everything you would expect of a 5 star hotel. We stayed here for 6 nights. We had a room right at the front of the hotel so great views over Balluta Bay. It's very handy for the bus stop and has ample and easy free parking underneath the hotel.

The room's bathroom facilities were fantastic – large corner bath, fantastic shower (I've never felt so clean) and separate loo (ideal if one of you wants to wallow in the bath).

Breakfasts were plentiful and had everything you could possibly wish for and more besides. Even sparkling wine and chocolate fondue were on offer. Free bottled water was placed in the room every day.

I had a manicure at the hotel's spa – it was a lovely relaxing experience. The pool was good too though the sun loungers meant there wasn't much room to walk around the pool and the music from the fitness classes sometimes spoilt the relaxing atmosphere.

Staff were professional and efficient (wake-up call, taxi ordering). We reported 2 problems with the room – we couldn't lock the balcony door and the plug in the washbasin didn't work. We reported both; the first was fixed in a couple of hours but the second wasn't fixed. However, to be fair we never chased it up so it's probably partly our fault.

Overall an excellent hotel and a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly many thanks for taking some time to write and post your review.

We are very sorry to read that you encountered a small issue which was not properly followed up. Please feel free to contact us directly as to provide us with more information about the incident so we can look into it.

On the other hand, we are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay and we truly thank you for your lovely comments.

Hoping to welcome you again soon,
Best Regards,

Angela Saliba
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights in March... Room was clean & the beds were comfy but that is where the good features stop!
The Air con didn't work when we complained we were told but it's cold by the Maltese receptionist... at 23c it certainly was far from cold, we couldn't leave the balcony door open as we were next to a building site!
When we went upstairs to the pool it was shut!
one of the lights didn't work, either did the phone...
Also didn't like not having a sink into the toilet, you need to come out of the toilet and wald down to the bathroom to wash your hands, not ideal.
This hotel is a good 3* at best not 5 star by a long shot!
Also you could wait up to 10 mins for the lifts which usually arrive full.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends