We chose to stay at Le Meridien on the recommendation of friends. They certainly steered us in the right direction - the hotel was superb! We travelled on a Thomas Cook package with private transfers which got us to the hotel in jig time.
We had booked a sea view room (which we would recommend - there's nothing to see looking out the back!) and on arrival the receptionist announced that he was upgrading us (at no cost) to a 'Starwood Preffered Guest' room on the 10th floor. Our private balcony room was superb, with a great view over Balluta Bay. We had satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities, in-room safe, the quietest aircon we've ever experienced and a fantastic bathroom. We had bathrobes and slippers as well - a nice touch.
We were on bed and breakfast basis - the breakfasts were excellent, with buffet-style service, as well as eggs done to order. You would never be stuck for choice. We ate in the hotel a couple of nights in the Ku De Ta lounge - their burger special is amazing!
The whole ambience of the hotel makes for a very restful stay. The staff were all very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble for them.
We tried the Spa - again, friendly staff and a relaxing atmosphere.
We also ate in the 'Villa' restaurant at the front of the hotel - again a great dining experience, with good service and a nice menu.
Since we were on B&B, we ate out at night - never had a bad meal yet. There are pleny of restaurants, all offering a wide variety of styles and all very reasonably priced. We have holidayed in Italy and it was great to see that the Malta prices were much more realistic.
The hotel also laid on a nature ramble, organised in conjunction with the Malta Ramblers Association. This was a great day out and took us to parts of the island that you would otherwise never see. If you get a chance to take part in one of these organised events, we would certainly recommend it.
All in all an excellent holiday and without doubt, we will be back in Malta and will certainly be staying at Le Meridien.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta