Dean Hamlet Hotel
US$255
InterContinental Malta(Saint Julian's)
US$195
  • Pool
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
US$280
US$170
Orbitz.com
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
getaroom.com
All reviewscleaned every dayplenty of hot watermin walkperfect locationfridgecerealaccommodationmariomaltabalconysupermarketbay
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I recently had the pleasure to stay for one (1) night at the Dean Hamlet and I must say that I was somehow impressed!

I needed to spend a night in St. Julian's area and after a quick search, I found a double room for my friend and I, priced at €15 (€7.50 each!!), I mean can it get any cheaper than that??

We checked in and kept our expectations low due to the price we paid, however we were surprised. The Room was of decent size and very clean, it was also equipped with a TV and an A/C. Anyway, we spent the night there and woke up for breakfast, which was included in the price. The Breakfast was awful, however, I had a toast and a cup of coffee which is more than what I was expecting for €7.50 each per night!!

You get what you pay for, excellent value for money and I'll definitely be staying there again!! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Franklyn25
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Unfortunately we found a hotel that had many problems and made our stay in Malta really challenging:

- Dirty rooms (for instance the tent in the bathroom was moldy)
- The rooms in the basement looked like prison cells with bars in the windows
- Scarce hygiene environment for breakfast (for example: we found a cockroach in the middle of the room, dairy /meat products were left exposed in normal temperature for too much)
- No Internet for the entire stay despite the reassurance of the staff
- Unprofessional staff

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Tempuskenobi
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and it's been a bad experience.
Room: is spacious, but quality is not good. Old beds and curtains. Room was not cleaned daily. TV in the room was not working.

Breakfast served was pathetic.

Only good thing is the location, that's about it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ariansumit
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in May 2013, in a 'Superior Studio'. The room was quite large, and clean. The bathroom was refurbished and clean (shower no tub). The building shares with a language school, so there's not a lot of hotel style services. The front desk is more an administrative area than a concierge. It is actually a language school who have rented out their rooms as a hotel. Don't be put of though at all, it is not noisy and the location is superb. I really couldn't fault the hotel given the price and would happily stay here again. There is a restaurant on the ground floor, but the breakfast served is very basic. Totally fine, but basic (toast, cereal, coffee). There is a pool and outdoor area which is very nice and is clean.

Room Tip: We stayed in a "superior studio". It was quite large, very clean, refurbished and with cooking facilities and fridge (which was empty and available for use, instead of stacked with expensive rubbish). Room had AC
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J_C201271
Reviewed 15 April 2013

At the airport, I managed to book an airport transfer to the hotel at 8 euros and reached the hotel within an hour. I booked the studio only 2 euros more per night - and it turned out to be pretty spacious. There was a kitchenette with sink, stove, kettle, oven and microwave. The weather was great so I opened the windows (no need for the air con). The room itself was clean but the bathroom was old and bathtub wasn't very clean. AND I saw about 4 cockroaches (large ones) during my stay! Argh.
There was free wifi but it was very slow and I had to log on every few minutes which was annoying. Staff were not friendly but not rude and still quite helpful.
Just down the street from the hotel was a bus-stop with buses that bring you to Sliema, Valletta, Rabat (Mdina), and one that even goes to the airport. Very convenient! You can buy bus tickets on the bus for a full day at 2.60euros. Also a late-night convenience store just down the road, and some restaurants and bars in the area.
The breakfast was simple - coffee/tea, cereal, bread/jam/ham/cheese.
On the whole for someone on a budget, this hotel is a good choice.

Room Tip: get a studio! only a few euros more per night from the standard room but you have larger windows and a kitchenette inside the room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo