“Disgusting experience and customer service, AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Pizzarotti Al Pomodoro
Ranked #232 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I refer to an incident I had last Saturday night around 10.45pm at AL POMODORO RESTAURANT in Baystreet which exemplifies what bad service is all about. Having gone there with my girlfriend and 3 year old son for a meal I had an experience which few would ever dream of! After ordering wine, a starter and 2 main courses , I was served with my main course before we were even given the starter. I complained and asked for my starter to be served first.

Before this even happened, my son needed to use the toilet and was taken to the ladies toilet by my girlfriend, who only returned back saying that the toilet was blocked and about to overflow. I then took my son to the gents and sat him on the toilet. Within a few seconds the toilet which was normal when we entered, started to overflow spouting dirty water and drainage around 2-3 feet in the air. These gushes of water completely soaked my son and my legs. Apart from my son being all dirty and wet and crying because of the fright, I too got my trousers and boots completely soiled.

The drainage water had by then reached the entrance to the bathrooms in the restaurant. I asked for the manager who was not there and was referred to a woman who was pointed out to me as the person responsible for the restaurant. Upon showing her and explaining what happened, I was completely ignored and not given any assistance at all. She calmly proceeded to hanging up an out of order sign on the door and didn’t as much as talk to us, appologise or offer any assistance. Till then all I had were my drinks on the table which I had barely even touched. We had to undress our son in the middle of the crowded restaurant with no assistance from the staff, not even a tissue! I even had to ask to be given a paper bag to put my son’s dirty clothes and shoes in.

We left the restaurant refusing to pay for the drinks we hardly touched and the food which was never served and proceeded to the car park. A waiter , not the person in charge, followed us and asked for my contact details and promised a call the following day to pay for any laundry expenses.

To date, 3 days later, I still have not received a call. To make matters even worse, the restaurant offers free parking for its patrons in the Baystreet car park. I went to the car park to leave as by then my son was cold and still crying and having no free ticket, I returned to the restaurant to be given one. I was told that I had to first spend 50 euro at the restaurant and that I had left without paying for anything. My order would have covered the 50 euro needed and It was due to no fault of mine that I had to leave the restaurant abruptly. A ticket was eventually given to me by a waiter since the person in charge objected to it being given to me.

If this isn’t the worst treatment anyone can receive then I don’t know what is. I strongly recommend that this place is avoided at all costs and intend seeking legal redress.

2  Thank NickyMifsudBonnici

Reviewed 21 July 2013

can't talk about the food as we only had a drink, service was ok, though nothing to write home about. though it wasn't crowded, service was really slow.I had to ask for our bill, and then wait 20 minutes to get my change, actually to be honest, I had to remind the waiter.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

The Pizzarotti al pomodoro has its pizzaiolo and pizza oven... pizza is prepared in front of you and one can see the velocity the pizza is prepared. the dough is crusty and although the pizza is big and it is enough, it does not make you feel bloated. Well done

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Never a disappointment , standard has always been good and stayed that way , which is important. One must mention the great Pizza cooked in a wood burning oven !!!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We booked a table at the last minute for lunch at Al Pomodoro just in case it would be fully booked but it wasn't since it was a weekday. We had 2 pizzas there and they were delicious - perfectly made and very filling. They have a pizza which is closed in the shape of a pie and even though it was quite large, the pastry itself was light on the stomach. The athmosphere is cosy with an elegant touch to it. Prices were reasonable too :) a must go to!