“Great Irish Pub in St. Julians, Malta”
Review of The Dubliner

The Dubliner
Ranked #11 of 337 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

For a good quick menu like a spare ribs rack and some fair drinks it is a perfect place. An irish island deep in the mediterranean see!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Popped into the Dubliner for some food and also to use their free wifi. Had salt beef baguette and warmed up chicken with lettuce in a baguette. Chicken was quite dry and was meant to have mayo in. Had to request some mayo to moisten the filling. This is not really a restaurant but a bar that serves food. Was ok for what it was, a snack. Filled a hole.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Following our previous visit (April 2014), we returned to Malta as we were getting married there.
We kept in touch whilst away and arranged with Beth and Karl to have our pre wedding get together with family and friends.
Karl indicated that he would be able to put on some 'nibbles' for us whilst we were there - little did we realise that out of the kitchen would arrive at least a dozen plates of hot snacks, for approx. 25 people!
The quantity and quality of the food was once again amazing - if you're thinking of having a pre-event get together, I would strongly suggest that you make the Dubliner one of your first considerations - I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Some of our guests also sampled meals from the menu and as a result, returned more than once during their stay in Malta.
Karl and Beth - thank you so much for a fantastic evening - what a way to begin our celebrations. Looking forward to seeing you both again when we return!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have been to this pub before and to be fair, although not daily drinkers, my wife enjoys a Jamesons whiskey and I enjoy the Guinness and/or Kilkenny. For some reason, wherever we go in the world, we always seem to find the local Irish pub. We were here last year and found everything about this pub great except they ran out of Kilkenny so I had to have the Guinness (such a shame I hear you say). However, this year, they seem to have plenty of both; happy days! For our last meal my wife had the cod and chips which she said was fabulous. I had the rib eye steak. It came, fairly quickly, cooked rare which is exactly what I asked for. It was juicy and very tender and most enjoyable. The portions of fries, peas etc were very amply too. The rest of the menu is as you would expect, pub grub but whatever you have, it's always hot and good portions. Whilst in St Julian's, we intended to visit some of the more expensive restaurants and of course will vary our eateries but will probably end up going back to the Dubliner two or three more times as everything we want is there, at a very reasonable price in excellent friendly surroundings and, if you can get on the upstairs balcony, the view over Spinola Bay is lovely too. Although I believe the owner may be Maltese (and there's nothing wrong with that as they're lovely people), the bar itself is staffed by the Irish and a delightful lady from Leicester.
Good food, good atmosphere, good beer, good prices...... It ticks all the boxes. Would highly recommend one or more visits.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

best guiness on the island. nice food and good place to watch all kind of sports, and the dubliner as got lovely views overlooking spinola bay.

1  Thank lee-mather73