“NOT IDEAL FOR A PEACEFUL STAY”

Burlington Apartments
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“NOT IDEAL FOR A PEACEFUL STAY”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Booked this as I was aware of the place St Julians - but this hotel is not in the "real" St Julians it is in the middle of Paceville (a mini Ibiza). So if one was seeking a relaxing and tranquil stay - forget it. Cancelled my stay as soon as I found its location. I tried to do this personally but could not even find the front entrance to this establishment so I had to do it on the phone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Maeyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I picked up a cheap deal for Burlington apartments and read the rather negative reviews about it, so my friends and I didn't really know what to expect. The apartments themselves are very clean and although they are quite basic, you get what you pay for, which we were happy about. The best point about these apartments has to be the location- as a group of young people we were wanting to go out each night and have close access to everything in St Julians- Burlington gives you exactly this. The only slight drawback was the fact there was no reception located in the apartment block, but it was a 2 minute walk to another building and 4 floors up. On the nights we slept in, we generally got a good nights sleep but the rooms did get very hot and sticky and the fans were not of best quality, but your body adapts and you learn to cope with the heat anyway. All in all, a smashing week at these apartments:

PROS:
- LOCATION!
- Staff and cleaners friendly
- good for younger people, good basic facilities

CONS:
- Rooms get hot at night
- Location of reception

If you want a good holiday to party in Paceville, stay here!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank HarjRai
italy
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I was afraid be cause after i book those appartments, i read very bad things about them... nothing far from the truth, no roaches, no noisy, it has everything you need, bed are ok, bathroom clean, small kitchen to cook, all the hot water you need, is true that they didn't change or made the appartment in one week, but who cares? we was close to the bus stop, to the beach, to party places, restaurant, and from burgur king you can have a very good internet for free... and we pay very less. is not a luxury place, but it have a great quality / price relationship, and when i come back to malta, i'll stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank danielaguerrero1
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I have just come back. The price is nice but it doesn't mean that they can lie and cheat customers. First of all TV wasn't working, the oven as well but the biggest problem was leaking toilet. All bathroom was full of water. And nobody wanted to fix it. We called the owner, we went to the reservation office to tell her about the problem.
They didn't have another apartment for us. Somebody fixed it for 5 mins but it's still leaking.
I did the reservation by booking.com and yesterday i got an email that they canceled our reservation and now I have to pay 17,55 Eur. It's sick... I'm not gonna leave it like this...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank pati_k11

Travellers are raving about these Saint Julian's hotels

Russia
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I have stayed in Burlington Apartments for three nights in January 2011. These apartments a very cheap - this is thу only advantage. First of all, just before my arrival, the hotel has debited from my credit card 20 euros more than the total cost of my apartment. Happily I noticed this problem. They promised to return the money, and I hope they will do so. Next problem is that I had to collect the key from my apartment from another hotel - from St George Park. I did know about it, but it was a hard quest to find this hotel, it doesn't even have a sign.
Burlington Apartments doen't have any reception, the key is collected from another hotel, and when you leave you have leave a key in the room. For all my stay in Burlington Apartments i have never seen any staff.
The water pressure in the shower was extremely low, so I could hardly take a shower. For all three days I stayed here they didn't once clean my room.
And at last, the cockroaches in my room were the biggest I have ever seen in my life - about 4 or 5 centimetres at length.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank affmaster
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 10 October 2010

The hotel is located near the airport. Taxi costs 21 euro from the airport. There is a cafe next to the free WiFi, near the sea. The hotel is conveniently located for excursions to Malta. Near a bus stop. Buses in Malta go very well, on schedule, but work stopped in the early evening - count time. The room is large and a large bathroom. The room has a design and furnishings are simple, but fairly new. Furniture and beds comfortable. There is a fan. The room has a kitchen equipped with stove, fridge, kettle, sink, large working kitchen surfaces, pots, pans and utensils. Rooms have a good view of the sea on the top floor. Insects have not noticed. Staff indifferent, there is never a place, not answer the question, remove the bad. Flushing the toilet is very weak, almost absent, had to draw water in a bucket - it would be well-adjusted. No curtains in the bathroom. The hotel had problems with payment card - the hotel took the money from the card when booking a double. Upon arrival at the hotel to go, find an office there and get the keys to the room - a very great inconvenience in this regard! Clear where to go, look for the office after the flight and suitcase! A bit noisy - the hotel is in demand among young people due to budget. Quality-price ratio is normal. If you do not have many demands, the hotel is good and very cheap in the spring. I recommend to go to Malta in the spring (I was in the summer and spring) - a very good spring weather, not too hot, not enough tourists, hotel prices are low, all the flowers - very nice

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The Burlington is a nice block of apartments in an ideal location which offers privacy and great value. There is no reception so its basically like having you're own apartment abroad. The room gets fresh towels every other day and also toilet roll. It really bugs me when I read reviews that people leave complaining about everything. I bet they weren't complaining about the price. The rooms are basic but have everything you need along with a great sized balcony, you get a fridge freezer, mini oven and hobs etc. The bathroom is big with a bath and shower, what more do you need? On a sunny holiday like Malta you hardly spend any time in the room anyway so whats the problem?

The people leaving bad reviews are clearly looking for luxury at a budget price.. get real and book into the Hilton if you want 5*.

Also, I've stayed in a number of hotels in Malta, including The Europa, The Alfonso, The Regency Plaza and The Preluna and this was by far the best value and location.

Enjoy Malta! Chow.