“Fantastic Find”
other traveller has booked this property
Open plan Living / Dining-room
Open plan Kitchen / Living-room Open plan Kitchen / Living / Dining-room (night)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Open plan Kitchen / Living-room
Open plan Kitchen / Living / Dining-room (night)
Open plan Kitchen / Living / Dining-room (day)
Main Bedroom
Spare Bedroom
Bathroom
Bathroom
Ensuite shower room
Ensuite shower room
Laundry room
Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Italian first
Any
Peter R
“Nice apartment but way overpriced and there are hidden extras to pay.”
Reviewed 21 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

The apartment is very nice and is furnished fairly well. That being said, we had problems with the bedding not fitting well on the bed in the master bedroom and some of the draws in the same room would not open properly. The bed mattress was uncomfy and really badly stained which wasnt nice when the bedding kept coming off. The furniture on the balcony was functional but only seated 2. Having said that, it would be a squeeze to seat 4.

The location was nice and quiet but it is located a long way from the sea front, which is where all the shops and restaurants are. We knew this before booking but it really is a long walk. It took us about 25 minutes and longer on the way back because it's all up hill. There are buses and taxis of course if you want to rest your legs. The view from the apartment isn't great but it is shown on the advert photos so we knew what to expect.

The kitchen was really nice to look at and the appliances all worked well. The only fault I could mention is the cupboards. Some of them are lift up cupboards that contain the crockery and glasses etc. They would not stay open so you had to hold them open whilst grabbing what you needed or putting clean dishes back. It was a bit of a balancing act. Overall though, a nice kitchen with some basics like sugar, Salt and pepper and spices etc.

Only one set of towels was supplied but there is a washer and dryer in the utility cupboard as well as an iron and ironing board. An extra set would have been nice though.

When we arrived we were hit with some sort of tourist tax of €7 per adult. I wasn't expecting it but that's hardly the apartment owners fault. Nevertheless its an extra to be aware of.

We were also told that we had a budget of just €20 for water and electricity for the 4 of us for an entire week and that we would be charged for anything over the €20 We used.I found this unnaceptable as 4 people showering twice a day and using appliances and lights etc was inevitably going to go over that miniscule allowance. As we were checking out we were hit with a €15 water bill and were told it was because we washed up in the sink and didn't use the dish washer. No comment.

We didn't use the aircon at all so be ready for a big bill if you go there when it's really hot. We didn't abuse the electric or water consumption in any way so please be aware of that before booking this apartment.

There are a couple of nice supermarkets nearby and the area in general is ok. The transfers too and from the airport were reasonably priced and the driver was nice.

So to sum up. A nice apartment with just a couple of issues but way overpriced with a couple of hidden extras that may be far more expensive for other groups, as we did not use much water and electricity.

We will go back to Malta again but we will stay in a more central location next time. Its a beautiful island with beautiful people.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Jun 2018
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and found many things unsatisfactory. I sincerely did my best to answer and help with all of your daily questions and requests whether it be to book cabs. restaurants for you etc

However, none of these other issues you write about were brought to my attention. If there were, they would have been dealt with promptly. I also want to point out that the town is not 30 minutes walk at all. 10-15 minutes max.

We here at THE OLIVE to do our utmost to provide the best service and experience for all of our guests who visit Malta and in the 6 years I have been doing this, I have never had such a baffling review. There are no hidden costs, everything is explained prior to arrival and I’m always on call to help with anything at all.

Lastly, it must be pointed out that you left the apartment in shambles and leaving hidden fresh vomit is absolutely not cool!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Kitchen was fabulous as were the couches
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Troon
Reviewed 11 February 2014 for a stay in October 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

Luxury-minded travelers
Brazil
Reviewed 6 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing