“Really nice and tasty”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Poznan, Poland
“Really nice and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Nothing very special, but staff was friendly and helpful. Food quality was over average we had on Sliema. Rabbit liver is a must! Nice view from garden.

Malta
“ONE BIG REGRETTABLE MISTAKE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Deciding to have lunch at this restaurant was one of my worst decisions i have ever made. Two pasta dishes: both uncomplicated, both horrendously made and tastelessly prepared. No oil at table (oglio=oil=absent), no fresh pepper, stale bread. On complaining to the italian headwaiter, he arrogantly told us "not to expect too much". Each employee starting from the waitress, to the headwaiter, to the "chef" seem to believe in arrogance, pride and cockiness as the best customer care attitude. I think/hope that this restaurant is about to close. RUBBISH!!!

1 Thank Demajo
malta
“A total disappointment to your day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I Had to instantly write this review, it totally RUINED my sunday afternoon. We decided to stay out to dine in the sun. So on a sunny sunday we chose Pane e Olio since it wasnt too busy and its prime location, whislt having a number of tables unavailable........(no wonder).
I ordered out a plate of pasta vongole, whilst my other half ordered out pasta with piesce spada with broccoli. So firstly they brought out stale bread, with no oil or vinegar to compliment table. As food was served my vongole had absolutely no taste of of a proper vongole plate. The proper taste of a fish plate was much left to be desired,
Whilst the broccoli and piesce spada pasta was a nightmare. The fish tasted as if it had been in stagnant water whislt also being way too much salty. Service was much left to be desired, with no fresh pepper or table salt or pepper on table. The waiter never even bothered to ask if it was all ok.... yes i wanted to ask for grated parmeggiano,But they didnt even bother. Not even once did they check out the table when food was served, just to check if all was to satisfaction.So despite i was soo hungry, I reluctantly ate mine, although my other half didnt eat it all portion. So after such a disappointment and a big falter in our food, I decided to give feedback to the head waiter about our meal who was in charge. This i did in positive critical manner in order to improve their service for future references, his reply in italian was that they werent seeking out any excellence in thier product. so after a lousy bad service and a total food disaster, never will i step foot in such restaurant again. TOTAL FIASCO.

1 Thank ryanportelli
Valletta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Desperately bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Unfortunately, I ate here last Friday evening with my parents visiting from the UK. Despite arriving during peak time on a weekend, most of the tables outside were empty and we soon found out why. The waiter did not know what whether the main courses came with any sides. The bread was provided without butter or oil. When we asked for olive oil the waiter had to get it from another table. He later removed it from our table to give to someone else - it seemed that they only had one bottle of olive oil in the whole restaurant, which is rather strange given the name of the place. We were charged for the bread even though we did not ask for it. We were told there was no wine list as most of the wines were out of stock. Some of the pork dishes on the menu sounded delicious but, alas, pork was also out of stock. Mussels? They were unavailable also. I ended up ordering chicken stuffed with Maltese sausage that arrived cold and without a hint of flavour. My parents ordered the very overpriced fish of the day. We were given 2 tiny plates of sliced potatoes and grilled vegetables to share between 3. At 30 euros a head (including wine), it was 29 euros per head too expensive. This restaurant would appear to be on the verge of using up its remaining stock before closing down. I hope that happens sooner rather than later.

1 Thank PaddyCooke
“What a bad choice and horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We went there in six people to celrbrate birthday by having a together dinner. What a bad nightmare service. We kept long to get food . It arrived only for 5 of us 6th person was not served snd waiter didn't manage to see it by his own. After long trying to get attention from waiter who was picking up a woman standing in front of the restaurant we managed to tell him that one person is missing a meal..... and that we have no cutlery...meals were alresdy cold, waiter absolutely not interested in his job. A nightmare place.

• Visited September 2013