We stayed here for the first 5 days of a one week holiday. We chose this hotel on the basis of its Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed.
We had a "Deluxe Sea View" room, and were delighted with it. The room wasn't huge but was plenty big enough for our purpose. It was tastefully decorated and furnished with a decent flat screen TV and a DVD player. The bathroom was nice, with a Jacuzzi bath and decent water pressure. But aside from all the positive stuff above, the balcony facing out over Spinola bay was stunning, and a beautiful place to have a drink in the evening once it had cooled down!!
The location is undoubtedly the nicest location on the island (we drove around the entire island during the week). It's not as built up as some of the other tourist areas, contains a number of the top restaurants in Malta, a number of lively bars/clubs, mcdonalds, and stops for the malta bus tour companies and multiple local bus routes.
The hotel also has a roof-top pool which was beautiful to just relax by the pool reading a book, having a beer or to take a dip. Drinks were very reasonably priced!!
I had a few minor issues with my stay:
1) Any beers we ordered were at best lukewarm.
2) The minibar in the room barely worked at all, so beers out of this were also warm.
3) The car parking is limited and extremely tight
On the whole, i found this hotel to be of a very high standard, very reasonable cost for the quality!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Malta!! I'll definitely stay in this hotel again if i'm ever back in Malta!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Juliani, a 4 star hotel, is Malta's small design boutique hotel enviably located in the heart of Spinola Bay, St Julian's. In fact, you're never more than 25 minutes away from most parts of the island, including the beautiful baroque capital of Valletta. Originally a traditional seafront townhouse, the Juliani has been meticulously converted to provide 47 rooms, an intimate setting and very personalised service to its guests. Today it remains a family-run establishment committed to ensuring you feel at home and well looked after. Each hotel room offers excellent facilities, fresh Mediterranean decor and plenty of space. Many also boast unobstructed sea views, and you will be able to watch the colourful fishing boats bobbing on the water from the comfort of your balcony or the rooftop swimming pool. Meanwhile, as a cosmopolitan commercial and entertainment district, St Julian's surrounds you with many of the best restaurants, bars, conference centres, casinos, health spas and shops that Malta has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Juliani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juliani Hotel Saint Julians
- Hotel Juliani Malta