“Quick getaway”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Quick getaway”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Juliani was just what my wife and I we needed for quick getaway. Actually I was back to Malta after 10 years and not much has changed, besides the yellow buses of course. This place is perfectly located with no hassle an annoyance of the famous Malta nightlife. This is still in walking distance near bye. We rented the car via hotel and everything was great – we also manage to find a place in the hotel garage every night (free of charge for guests) which is essential in Julian's bay. From here we explored the whole island and at the evening we walked to different dinner places had great food and some great vine. So it was definitely an experience we would do all over again

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dam123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Sorry for late reveiw. My wife and I stayed at Hotel Juliani and could not fault the hotel or location. We were fortunate to have booked into the Ambassador Room and having the extra space was a luxury. Our room overlooked Spinola bay which was spectacular and was close to many restaurants.We tried a lot of those overlooking the bay and were not disappointed. Also ate at the Hotel restaurant one night and Barracuda and found both to be high quality. The island of Malta is certainly an eye opener. My wifes father was Maltese and she had not been there for 30 years. I was expecting a European city but it felt more middle eastern. Malta has a facinating history.For something different organize a fishing trip, its a great day out on the water and you get to see a lot of the island from a different perpective.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking Spinola Bay
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffp00le
Kent
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Juliani for a week in October 2011. We were in no way disappointed. We particularly liked the area because of the number of good restaurants nearby. The staff were very obliging including transport from the airport and helping us hire a very sheap, good car.

Room Tip: We had a suite which gave us enough room to sit around on a stormy half day.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank HawkeyeKent
London
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed at Hotel Juliani this week - cos it's winter, ie off peak season, the price was really affordable. We got the bus from Malta airport, didn't have to change and got straight to the hotel, which is located right next to Mcdonald's and Wagamama japanese restaurant. Was amazed at the view of St Julian's bay by the hotel, didn't realise how perfect the location was. There was also a 'LOVE' sign by the bay. Lot of bus routes run outside the hotel to major areas like Valetta, best to get a 1-day bus pass so that you can jump on/off unlimited times, it's 2.60 euros per person per day.

Free wi-fi, very handy, we requested 2 logins so that both me and my bf were able to get onto the internet. Our package didn't include breakfast, but we were ok to get bits and pieces from Mcd's one morning, and from the nearby supermarket (Scott) which is within 2 mins walk from the hotel, very convenient.

For lunches/dinners, there are lots of choices in Paceville Avenue, which is up the 'hill'/slope on the left hand side of the hotel. There are many choices by the riverside too.

There is a rooftop swimming pool, which looks great, we went up to take some pics (see attached), didn't have a chance to use it cos it was too cold in winter. Would be perfect for the summer.

I would def recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: We didn't pay extra 20 euros for a room overlooking the bay but I'm sure it's worth it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Limassol
Reviewed 19 December 2011

As a frequent business traveler I could rate Juliani as the best choice for the below reasons:
•Location – it is located very centrally close to everything, bars, restaurants, grocery etc…with great view facing a nice little harbor.
•Clean and comfortable room and bathroom – Room was very clean, nice design, very comfortable with clean bathroom and very soft towels!
•Internet – Internet is provided free by the hotel and it was by far the FASTEST internet connection I’ve ever had without any interruptions.
•Dining – Dining was great too. Breakfast was always fresh and delicious with nice strong coffee. Beyond that Zest, hotel’s Asian restaurant, is an excellent dining option and is rated among the best restaurants in Malta.
• Staff – Hotel staff were always very kind, caring and smiling….one day I had a problem with bathroom and the technician came right after I called the operator reporting the problem. Once he fixed it he called then twice to see if everything was fine.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Ncholas-CYP
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My wife and I have been to Malta a couple of times previously but this was the first time at the Hotel Juliani. From arrival to departure we had a memorable experience both with our accommodation in a Junior Suite overlooking Spinola Bay and the service and fabulous food enjoyed in the Zest restaurant. Breakfast at 14 Euros was good with a sufficiency of choice available also, the service at breakfast was very good. The area of St Julian's has a number of good restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel and for those wish it, a number of small bars. Should we return to Malta sometime in the future we would have no hesitation in staying in the Hotel Juliani and would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 402 is a Junior suite with balcony and views over Spinola Bay.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fife2016
Seattle
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I am not sure about the #1 ranking of this hotel, but it's a good choice in Malta. I agree with most of the other reviews' positive evaluation of the hotel. But I would like to share my own experience, which is different from others'. First of all, the oriental restaurant on the second floor offers very tasty food. My husband and I both recommend it. Second, There was a leaking problem in our room (last summer), so we had to move to another room. Third, my husband's pants, having sent out for dry-cleaning, was missing for a couple of days. Fortunately, they had found it before we left.
By the way, one has to be very careful about taxi fares in Malta. First of all, it's sometimes hard to get a taxi in the street. Then, some taxi drivers cannot be trusted---they charge you more than they should. It's funny when a taxi driver asked a friend of mine, who attended the same conference as we did and stayed in Malta for 6 days, whether or not she'd like to return to Malta (meaning whether she liked the place), she simply said 'No." In fact, my husband and I like Malta, except that it's so hot in summer that it's really tiring to walk around under the sun. I only hope their government should do something about regulating the taxi business.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Le Meridien St. Julians
#9 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands

Been to Hotel Juliani? Share your experiences!