Hotel Juliani
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dean Hamlet Hotel(Saint Julian's)
Argento Hotel(Saint Julian's)
Spinola Hotel(Saint Julian's)
Allegro Hotel(Saint Julian's)
Rokna(Saint Julian's)
Hotel Valentina(Saint Julian's)
View Hotel
Sun And Fun Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Free Internet
DDream Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Bar/Lounge
Cavalieri Art Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Restaurant
Tropicana Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,455 results
All reviewszest restaurantspinola bayambassador suiterooftop poolsmall hoteljacuzzi bathst juliansin house restaurantbus stop rightbusy roadsea viewfreshly squeezed orange juicedvd playerstandard roomfantastic locationwelcome drinksmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I stay in 200 hotels 5 star , 4 star for all the world , but this hotel for me no one

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Elayeb
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed in Hotel Juliany for a vacation at the beginning of January 2012. I work very hard and travel a lot and was looking for a nice place to enjoy a week of leisure in a sunny place. I made a reservation on-line directly on the hotel's web page and chose a package called "beat the brunch". Anyway, I had troubles with a flight on the day of my departure so my flight was cancelled. Even before knowing whether I could make a new reservation, I sent an e-mail to Juliani and cancelled the booking. Although they could charge me for one night stay as I cancelled it on the day of the arrival, they did not do it. Later during the day I successfully rebooked my flights for the other day and made a new reservation. Beat the crunch package included room with a full breakfast +one free dinner in Zest restaurant + free voucher for Hop on Hop off sightseeing bus + fruit basket in the room + airport pick-up. I made a calculation - if I bought all these separately, it would cost me almost 200 Euro. Anyway, hotel is really sitated centrally, in the heart of Saint Julian with a bus stop opposite the hotel. I did not choose room with a sea view, because it would cost me 200 Euro more and I read some reviews - hotel is actually on the street, the road is in front of it, so it may be noisy. I did not regret it. Hotel is very clean, with contemporary furniture. Service is great, everybody is very friendly. I got a small gift from them - a box of Maltese cookies, which was very nice. Breakfast is very good, there are two options - full English (which is 14 Euro if you don't buy a package) or a selection of local pastries (4,9 Euro). I enjoyed the fruit, cheese selection. Restaurant Zest is a fancy place, little too much, some kind of avangarda of Asian food, I did not like it very much - but as I had free dinner, I tried it once. I read a lot of reviews on this hotel before choosing it - all are true, it depends what are you looking for. It is not cheap, but I liked the position, I liked it because it was not a huge hotel chain with hundreds of rooms, staff was very helpful - answered all my questions and directed me everywhere. It would cost me more if I booked room only, not the package, as breakfast is not included in the regular price. So it worths to look more carefully and find the best option.

Room Tip: Room on the back side are quiter but without the view on the beautiful bay.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank DjurdjicaO
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend with a group of friends in Malta. We had 3 rooms booked at Hotel Juliani and ours was the only one with problems. We were moved from our original room due to electrical problems, and our second room had a faulty window, which meant we heard noise all night from garbage trucks and street traffic.
We paid 80 euros a night, which included a food/beverage voucher for what turned out to be our favorite restaurant (Barracuda). The staff was friendly and helpful, but next time I'll go with a chain I know better. This place was good for what we needed, which was very little time spent in the hotel, a clean, comfortable bed and good location for a bus stop. But all that being said it's not a place I'll remember.

Room Tip: Make sure your windows close!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maika L
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I should probably start this review by saying "do not go to Malta on Xmas" unless of course you want to do some photography (my case). Services shut down for the most part, restaurant prices get crazy and the place is a ghost town or should I say a ghost country. If not for the fact that I could take un-obstructuted pictures of the attractions and the lack of annoying tourists, Malta in the winter is a no-no.
Equally, the Juliani has it's pros and cons during the winter season and part of my review may not apply to other seasons. Location may be one of those cases; where it is great on summer but not that great in winter. St. Julians Bay strikes me as a place that is vibrant during summer but during our stay it looked more like the outskirts of a desert town. I would recommend instead the neighborhood of Sliema. On the up side, there is a bus stop right across the street in which every meaningful bus line stops. You can go almost everywhere without having to go to Valetta first to change buses.
Hotel amenities are very good, rooms are clean and modern, internet is free. Breakfast was not included but here is a tip that may sound strange; go to the McDonalds next door! No, it is not your usual McDonalds like in the USA. It is clean, cheap and great coffee.
Back to the hotel, the staff is great, very helpful and polite, and my only complaint is the high pitch noise that water makes going down the external pipes, it is loud, they should fix it.
My last comment about the Juliani is that while it is a boutique hotel, it feels more like a big hotel chain place, whether it is check-in check-out policies, breakfast or services, it quite didin't feel right when compared to other boutique hotels we stayed in the past. I am giving "five stars" because I can't complain about my stay, but deep inside I am not sure I would return to the Juliani. It was too robotic.

Room Tip: get a room away from the water pipes in the back.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdrianaPaulo
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My husband and I have just returned from 5 nights staying at Hotel Juliani, and there was really very little to fault in the hotel. We paid 80 euros per night for a 'deluxe' room (their standard room). The room was a good size, clean and comfy and very nicely decorated. Although it wasn't one of the 'sea view' rooms, we could see the bay, albeit through a narrow gap! Dressing gowns were provided and there was a decent range of channels on the TV (including Fox movies if you're so inclined) as well as a DVD player.

Our rate was room only - you can also get a rate with breakfast included but unless you are absolutely certain you want breakfast every day, I would avoid doing so, certainly if you're travelling in a couple. From recollection, the rate including breakfast was either more, or certainly only a little less, than you would pay if you bought breakfast separately every day. If you don't have breakfast included, you can have a full breakfast (including full English buffet, pastries, fruit, cereal, cheese, ham, tea/coffee and orange juice) for 14 euros each, or choose just pastries and tea/juice for 5 euros 95. We only had breakfast on a couple of days so it worked out much cheaper to have the room only. Breakfast is served from 7 - 10:30 every day, which is good if you want to laze around a bit.

The hotel is right on Spinola Bay and within easy reach of lots of good restaurants. The hotel itself has a good, albeit pricey, restaurant called Zest which does Asian fusion food. It is relatively easy to get into Valletta on the bus (buses 12 and 13 go from the stop right opposite the hotel) although it takes longer than you would expect (about 30 - 40 mins) because the bus meanders somewhat. If you're not in a rush, it's quite possible to get all over the island and to Gozo on the bus, and a weekly ticket costs only 12 euros. We went to the Hypogeum in Paola, Mdina/Rabat, Valletta, Vittoriosa and Gozo on the bus (the latter on the bus/ferry) and although there was a fair bit of waiting around, it was all fairly straightforward.

In summary, Hotel Juliani is a really pleasant place to stay with good, helpful staff and an excellent location. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple