We just came back from St Julian where we stayed 8 nights in Hotel Rokna. At first we got a room on the first floor and we found it little bit noisy because of the street in front of the hotel. They were very nice and helpful at the reception, they promised us to change it next day. We got a room with balcony on the second floor, which was much nicer and less noisy.
The family which runs the hotel is very nice and helpful, nothing is too much for them. The rooms had excellent air-conditioning, safe, TV, fridge and hair dryer. The towels were changed every day and the room was always clean. If you need an umbrella or ironing board they give you free of charge. Beach towels are EUR 1 for all your stay. In the lobby there are lots of information leaflets about Malta and also they can organize taxi pick-ups and round-trips on the islands.
The pizza restaurant is the oldest in Malta and one of the most famous. We ate four times there and food was always excellent and the waiters most friendly and talkative. Breakfast was adequate, fruit juices (4 kind), milk, tea (yogi tea's good selection), 5 kind of Musli, sweet pastry, 3-4 kind of bread, toasted as well if you want, cheese, ham, salami, apple, orange, 4 kind of jam, butter. On the third day they already knew what we drink and when they saw us, they brought it already.
Location is great, small sandy beach is just 5 min. walk, bus stop to Valletta, Golden Bay, Mosta 1 min., Cafe's, restaurant's all around, supermarket 20 meters away. Even a church and a small chapel to pray is on the opposite side of the street.
The only downside is the noise from the street in front of the hotel, but you can get used to it, night is relatively good, can be loud music from cars sometimes. It is a lively place, not a quiet relaxing one.
Overall experience was excellent,we would highly recommend it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROKNA HOTEL is a three star hotel run by the Camilleri family. It is situated in the centre of Paceville, right opposite Hilton Hotel. Five minutes walk to the seaside, and within easy access to lidos with swimming and sports facilities, shops, restaurants, discos and the Casino. Paceville is in the heart of St. Julian's, and one of the most popular resorts in Malta. ROKNA HOTEL offers comfortable rooms overlooking the Hilton Portomaso grounds. Some rooms have a balcony. Each room is nicely decorated and has private facilities. Some have a bath, others a shower. All rooms are air conditioned and have cable/satellite TV and telephone direct dialing. WI-FI connection is available throughout the hotel at no extra cost. A lift service is available to all floors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rokna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rokna Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Rokna Saint Julians
- Rokna Hotel Saint Julians
- Rokna Malta