First I have to say that most of the staff at this hotel is very friendly and helpful. I was aware of that this is only a 3 star hote,l but trusting Tripadvior seeing that it had got "Travellers choice 2014" and the fact that the price was 100 euros a night, we thought it would still be a good place to stay.
Arrived on a Friday and got put in a room that was so small that we could not get pass each other at the end of the bed. The bathroom(!) two phone boxes wide. TV remote didn't work, was told it was condensation in the batteries. Air condition leaking water on the floor, we were told we shouldn't have it on so low, caused condensation. They recommended 23c in the room. We live in Sweden and have about 23c at home during the winter, not when it's 30 degrees outside. The day after we got another room next door. Finally, we had no hot water.
Next room was a little bit bigger. If you love the 70s you will love this hotel. It's not updated for 40 years. In this room everything was working except that you could not connect the shower to the wall, but had to hold it in your hand while washing yourself. We were already feed up and didn't bother complaining.
Breakfast is very, very basic. Some different types of bread, cheese, ham, cold eggs. Day 3 the bread wasn't fresh.
Night 2 and 3 the corridors was full of young boys running around, knocking on doors, talking and just making a lot of noise. Morning 2 and 3 some work across the street started drilling at 7 in the morning, so to get some rest was quite difficult. Day 4 we didn't get any towels after the cleaning of the room.
By then we had decided to only stay five of the ten nights that we booked and payed for.
We changed our flights and went home, didn't even try to get a refund.
Worst 1000 euros we ever spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROKNA HOTEL is a three star hotel run by the Camilleri family. It is situated in the centre of Paceville, right opposite Hilton Hotel. Five minutes walk to the seaside, and within easy access to lidos with swimming and sports facilities, shops, restaurants, discos and the Casino. Paceville is in the heart of St. Julian's, and one of the most popular resorts in Malta. ROKNA HOTEL offers comfortable rooms overlooking the Hilton Portomaso grounds. Some rooms have a balcony. Each room is nicely decorated and has private facilities. Some have a bath, others a shower. All rooms are air conditioned and have cable/satellite TV and telephone direct dialing. WI-FI connection is available throughout the hotel at no extra cost. A lift service is available to all floors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rokna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rokna Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Rokna Saint Julians
- Rokna Hotel Saint Julians
- Rokna Malta